Open Chronicles The Valenntenian Masquerade Festival

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Saskia frowned, or pouted, she couldn't tell what he expression was doing as she watched Alaric at that moment. How crestfallen he became, how... dejected.

"Wulfy?" She needed to know before the wine could touch her lips.

"Do you... have feelings for me?" Now, she was glad her voice came to a softness, her face now changing to match. Gentle, kind, and understanding. "And I ask you to be honest with me..."

Because now... it made sense. It was all making sense. The dancing, the music, it had distracted her, confused her, but in this lantern light, Alaric now looked everything that a romantic knight dressed for an evening ought to look. Her cheeks burned again, unsure of where that thought had came to be, but her heart raced at the silence he left her in before he could answer her.

"I will know if you are being dishonest!" She added, staring steadily into his eyes with her amber hues.

Oh boy, this just kept getting better. Alaric ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes searching for an escape route. Finding none, and preferring not to be a coward, he downed his drink instead.

Her voice was soft though, and he found his eyes meeting hers briefly. She had affected a different tone, an unfamiliar one. Gods she was beautiful. His azure eyes skittered away again, remembering the question.

"Aye, and I think I have for a while. I just don't think I realized it for what it was until now."

He knew he couldn't get away with a lie, not that he really ever wanted to lie to her anyways. She knew him to well.

Alaric was feeling about an inch tall at this point, the wind taken from his sails. He was realizing that perhaps loving your best friend wasn't the best idea, but at the same time, it's not like he could help it. "I'm sorry if I upset you, I shouldn't have ambushed you like that.." He trailed off, his lips still tingling from their kiss.

Saskia Kerraelas

"Alaric." Saskia frowned, setting her drink down and forgetting it as she now grasped one of his hands in both her own. "You need not apologise. I... used to fancy you when we were squires, but after a while, I figured you were not interested and I prided out friendship the most. It is just a shock to me, because I do not know... what it means to me right now."

And so she put his empty glass aside and wrapped her arms around him. They were the moon and the sun, coming together in an embrace. She rested her chin on his shoulder, smiling. "You know me better than anyone else. Remember when we were Sworn into the Order, I always found myself walking back towards the squire dormitories for months? It took me time to adjust, to remember, as I am sure exploring this with you will take time."

She pulled back enough to look up at him, studying his face. He was handsome, her handsome. Her constant friend and confidant over the years. It was no wonder now that she did not seem fazed by other handsome faces, not when she had her Alaric there with her.

"How about, once we return home, you can pick a day or night and well... let's call it a courtship. It's worth a try, is it not?"

She took his hand between hers and he looked down at her, he had never seen this side of her before. Yes she had been a source of comfort in the past, but not sweet and intimate like this. It was new, and it made him care for her even more.

He had no clue she had looked at him like that as squires, but he could be pretty oblivious. He was trying to grasp at words to respond, but he was failing miserably. How was she so good at this?

Alaric held her tightly as she embraced him, one hand pressed against the back of her head, the other wrapped around her waist. He could have held her forever, breathing her in.

Finally he found his voice, though it cracked with emotion. He loosened his embrace, allowing her to step back. "I understand what you're saying, and I am willing to wait while you take time to think things over. The last thing I want to do is be pushy, or ruin what we already do have." He drug a hand down his face, an embarrassed grin on his face. "Thank you, for speaking with me like this. It means a lot to me Saskia." He had hope for their future, one that would allow him to love her. "I'd like to explore that with you when we get home, at whatever pace you determine."

Saskia Kerraelas

• Melting
Reactions: Saskia Kerraelas
Well shit, he made the idea of kissing seem so natural in a moment like this. She had nothing else to say, caught up in the way he looked right now and how he look at her.

"Right... then should we uh, get more drink and food before we go back for a dance? We should really finish a dance before we call this night over."

Extracting her arms from him, she turned to where she left her wine and took the chalice again for a sip of the sweet wine.

Alaric Wulf

Alaric let her depart from his arms, feeling much better about how things had gone. He may have made himself look quite the fool, but her gracious responses had him floating again. They really had grown, the two of them.

"A drink, and a dance sounds ideal to me. I do think we should snag a bunch of goodies for the travel back, just don't tell Roki." He smiled as his wine was refilled, drinking it at a much slower pace. It really was sweet wine, different than what they had at home. Perhaps Faramund would appreciate them bringing a bottle back.

The thought of hone and even Faramund seemed to have suddenly dropped weight on his shoulders, grounding him once more. This time though, he hid it from Saskia. These were different worries. Worries that home may fall to forces to dark to imagine. The Everwatcher was the omniscient fear that plagued him, he knew he could not keep all his fellow knights safe. It was unreasonable in the first place. Still, they hadn't found Syr Margot yet. The cultists still assaulted them, their numbers never seeming to dwindle...

He pushed himself away from the table, smile hiding the fear in his heart. "Let's get that dance, show the Vallentenian's how it's done." Then, they would leave, together. A part of him longing to stay and keep her here, keep her safe just a moment longer.

Saskia Kerraelas

• Frog Cute
Reactions: Saskia Kerraelas
"I do not require a guard tonight, Mikko," Lyta said, her smile at his earlier stumble over his words turning shy and she bit down into her bottom lip as though debating whether her words had been too forward for a lady. The music was still playing but Lyta brought them to a stop and took his hand in hers instead.

"I believe I have heard the young Cadets call it Ditching. Come on," the last she said in a conspiratory whisper as she tugged him away from the dance floor and off into the crowd.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Mikko Cendrillon
Oh, Ancients.

Lyta almost made him stumble, made the beating of his heart pause, but he would not have minded the interruption to his being. Something inside him begged and begged, but Mikko knew how he had wanted this to go. The romance of the night and festival would not compel him to stop her there and take her lips in a kiss. No, he had a risk of being pulled back to his post, and if he was to kiss her now and be taken from her, he'd be dreaming of her instead of his duty.

And so, Mikko pulled her back in against him, half pulling her into a stairwell used to go up onto the battlements and away from prying eyes. Voice whispered at her ear, "You may not need a guard, tonight Lady of Dreams, but I will always lay down my sword and duty to you." He would pledge to be there for her, to be her warrior and protector. Her confidant, her friend...

"Lyta..." He released her now, smiling at the conspiring Guardian. "Oh, Ancients. Alright..." Mikko chuckled, running a hand through the curls he had brushed to one side. "You were dragging me somewhere? What trouble have you planned?" Cendrillon needed to stop getting in his own way, to let this beauty of a dream take him away from here, far from his ancients-damned duty.

Lyta