Private Tales Half Burned in Flames

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Eira needed Cullen in order to leave here unseen. It was not unusual for the glasblower to receive guests that come by dragon, when the nobles would not wish to walk through this part of the Outer City. If she were to be recognised here without her dragon...

"And where do you suggest we go?" She did lose blood, most likely not cleared from riding with Tyafainne for a day or two, but she could see the uncertainty in him. Her dark eyes remained fixed on him, steady despite the faint weakness she felt. Eira was already playing the part of strength, putting on the facade that she was quickly recovering.

At least Meeri cannot recover.

Such a thought made her stand taller, but still, her smaller stature had the Malennis heir look up at Cullen.

"We should leave here soon." Her eyes dropped to his lips for the faintest moment before turning her head away.

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Cullen
Cullen's throat cleared as he looked down at her, his fingers curling into a fist at his side, resisting the urge to cup her face, run his thumb across the soft pillows of her lips.

"I have a place.. Away from the Wall, away from the Forge.." Away from people. "You could rest there for a few days, get your strength back.." he suggested. "Your cousin will be fearing for his own safety right now, if he's smart he'll get out of the city, if not, he'll be looking for you." For both of them. All Cullen could hope was that the little bastard ran without a word to anyone of what had happened.

"I'm sure Faye can spare a few days worth of supplies." he said as he dug his hand into a pocket in his jacket and withdrew a coin which he settled down on the worktop.

• Bless
Reactions: Eira
Eira turned back to stare up at him, surprise lifting her facial features to a softness. Her brows lifted, eyes blinking several times as she began to grasp what it was he had meant. Blood loss would take time to recover from, and who knew how dimwitted Fenton could turn out to be if she returned home.

Not even her father and the moon dragons could provide protection after what she did.

"Alright then." She agreed with a deep inhale, as if it was suddenly hard to breathe. Her eyes fell on the coin. "Collect what you think we need, and I will go find our gracious host and thank her." Eira flashed him a smallest of smiles. It was all the gratefulness Eira could muster, unused to displaying such a gesture.

The walk to the glassblowing workshop was one she knew well, having spent some time being invited in to see the projects she had commissioned in the past. Faye turned around at the sound of Eira's approach, and smiled. "You're up and walking, a sign I did a good job. The dress... it's a good thing I had kept it."

"Very fortunate." Eira agreed, clearing her throat. "We are going to need supplies, of course, you will be compensated."

The glassblower shrugged, "Take what you need. In the kitchen, I hadn't finished bottling some medicine that will help strengthen you. Take a few vials, taking it before your sleep at night."

Eira smiled, "There is still so much to learn from you."

The older woman chukled, "Keep safe. Cullen is good people..."

It did not need to be said that Faye wished for Eira to keep him out of trouble. A pang of guilt could be felt, but Eira murmured her thanks again before turning away to find Cullen. Down her bond, she reached Tyafainne and relayed the change of plans, feeling the sense of relief coming from her dragon, who no doubt agreed to Cullen's plan of keeping Eira safe and hidden for a few days.

And she knew her dragon would inform Eirenthe, the dragon bonded to Eira's father, and the mother of her own dragon.

Eira moved towards the kitchen and picked up four vials, delicately placing them into the small sewn in pocket of her dress. "Where you are taking us... Tyafainne can stay too?" She was not a dragon that would be seen easily, almost wraith-like in appearance. The moon dragon was smart in hiding herself in plain sight.

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Cullen
Cullen took enough to see them through, wrapping the food into a small bundle as Eira returned. He watched her for a moment, and then continued with the task at hand. "The mountains." he informed her.. "And I'm sure we can squeeze her in.." he smirked, and opened the door.

Meala was waiting impatiently, keenly aware of Cullen's growing anxiety the longer they remained here. He cast his dark gaze across land and sky, ensuring it appeared clear before ushering Eira out toward the waiting dragon. Scales the colour of warm honey glinted in the sunlight as she lowered herself to the ground. Cullen scrambled up and offered his hand to pull her into the saddle in front of him.

"Home, Meala."

• Bless
Reactions: Eira
Eira could feel the effects of the loss of blood in her as they ascended the stairs, but as she got to the rooftop, Meala had arrived. With some help, she was seated and they had shot back into the open air. This time around, she was more alert, and very aware of the force of wind pressing herself into him. It took a lot of strength to keep upright, and by the time she saw the mountains he had spoken of, there was physical relief in her shoulders dropping.

Down their bond, she could feel Tyafainne's attention pick up, catching Eira's scent on the winds and moving to meet the three. Landing seemed to test the Malennis heir, who now had no choice but to lean into Cullen to keep from falling sideways. Many times she thought that he had been right, that she needed to recover her strength before returning home or flying her own dragon, but the stubborn girl did not tell him as much.

"I... I am going to need your help getting down." She cleared her throat, viewing the drop from the saddle to the ground below. She could not make that, at least, not gracefully.

Tyafainne arrived a minute later, sending an image of Eira's father down their bond and the moon dragon turned her head to indicate the sword hanging proudly between the saddle bags. The small woman smiled, letting out a soft laugh. Her sword returned, but no doubt a talking to Eira would happen the moment she would make her return home.