Completed Winters Fires: Lost Daughter Of Valoria

Valerie areis Lenaeris

Daughter Of Fire and Blood {Dreamer}
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

*WinterWolf Forest*

Winter vultures circled as the howling of wolves could be heard. A woman with ripped fabric and cloth of a once pleasant pleasurable ballgown could be seen from a birds-eye view as vultures continued to circle almost ready to swoop and investigate their finding. The woman wasn't dead but was in a sort of sleep like death, one could even say a coma, but where then were the clergymen and women? The answer was quite simple, the woman wasn't known to any clergy and the story of how she got there was far long gone from her mind, all the comma stated the woman had was the glimmer of the moon, the watchful eyes of deadly vultures, and the sounds of throaty howling wolves. A few moments went by and a few more until the breath came from the woman, frosting over in the cold air as her eyes rolled open.
Her diaphragm elongated and then contracted as she began to breathe normally and easily. The silverish blue hues of her eyes wandered around taking in the clearing which revealed the sky as her frosted fingers and toes began to squirm and wiggle as they awoke too. The woman hummed a slight sound of nervousness as she didn't recognize her surroundings and didn't know how she got there. A few moments passed once more and her body had internally awoken to let the young woman finally move her legs and arms. She gave her full strengthen and energy pulling herself up into a sitting position as her head twisted this way and that getting a good look at her surroundings. Seeing that their prey was alive and looked human, the winter vultures gave a cry and then fluttered away leaving the woman to hear the sounds of the dark Winter forest. Another howl came and the crack of sticks on the ground could be heard from another place which made the woman frighten but she held herself together slowly standing from the ground as a low growl came.
She turned around hearing the low growl and saw yellow feverish eyes gazing at her, this sent her into flight or fight mode and to her own surprise she grabbed a nearby stick and held it for protection but upon seeing more pairs of eyes she lowered it. With a second of her own frosted breath, she turned on her heels and began to run not knowing exactly where she was going. Was this her fate? to wake up only to be gripped by the jaws of death. The woman ran and ran as the wild dogs gave a good chase. They would bark and bite closely at her but she was always one step out of reach. Her legs were sore but her mind filled with determination to live push forward. A clear snow cover pathway was seen up ahead and the sound of a nearby Wagon could be heard in which increased the girl's determination. Inching closer to the snowy road, the girl stumbled from a tug at her dress ripped dress and she fell rolling down a slight slope and dashing her head against a small stone before landing in the pathway of the upcoming Wagon. Lights went out but the girl was successful in her mission of living.
proxy.php

*Fystendonaldhymer, Kindom of King Pilsner*

Trotting of horse could be heard in the dark as the woman's eyes moved under her eyelids as she stirred awake. A soft hum came from her as her eyes open once more but this time everything seemed to be blurry but only until she came to her sense. She was moving now, contained in a sort of the wagon it had seemed. She grunted softly as sat up feeling the immediate pain of a headache caused by slipping and dashing her head against something. The woman softly touched her throbbing head, finding herself staring at the back of a stranger. "you took a nasty fall there." said the stranger as he had sensed the awoken presence of the woman. "I don't know what you were doing out there in the Winterwolf Forest but I couldn't just leave you, so I'm bringing you back to the tavern. Once we get to the gate, I need you to do exactly as I say or we both may end up tortured to death. anyways, what's your name?" asked the seemingly friendly stranger. His voice was old and a little bit raspy and his shoulder look like they were carrying the world on his shoulder. The woman could feel the presence of loss on him but didn't bother to question its presence as she was in thought about answering the question.
"Valerie... Just Valerie." The woman finally spoke up as that was all she strangely knew. "Valerie, I'm Sigurd. Where did you come from?" asked the old man as he was still wrapping his head around the idea of finding Valerie in those parts of the forest. "I..." Valerie stopped short of her answer as her face falls. She didn't know, where did she come from? "I don't know," Valerie said honestly in which Sigurd pick up on and noted. "What about family? They live in Fysten?" Sigurd push again. "I don't know... I can't remember." Valerie said whispering the last part to herself as a little bit of reassurance that she wasn't insane. "well I bet they will come looking for you... but until then I can provide a roof over your head and a place to eat and sleep." Sigurd reassured as he half-believed the girl was telling the truth but need more time to figure out if it was a lie or not. "I would rather not... I thank you for saving me but...."
"Where are you to go? you don't know the family that birth you, probably even less your last name." Sigurd interrupted her answer with a sliver tongue of common sense.
"Thank you..." where the word Valerie could only stutter out.
upon reaching the gate Sigurd shushed the girl before waving for her to lower herself and make herself invisible to the guard's eye. "if they find out that I'm importing you into the kingdom of the tyrant Pilsner then they will have our heads or we will get stoned." Sigurd explained in a hushed manner as the wagon approached the gate. "Papers...." said the guard shortly. "ah... Importing wine, ale, and other drinks for the Winter Tavern eh? No need for inspection, I know Sigurd. Move along." Said another guard making Sigurd quite the revealed man. His wagon jolted forward,
"Welcome to Fystendonaldhymer child..." spoke Sigurd as Valerie inched her way forward getting a few glances of the town building all surrounding one very large castle.
proxy.php

*White Winter Tavern, Fystendonaldhymer*

The carriage stopped as it had reached it desintation. White Winter Tavern, home to Sigurd and his workers. "Come let's get you clean up," Sigurd said as he guided her inside where bar maidens and bar servers awaited Sigurd. Some arched their eyebrows at the girl but all snapped to attention when Sigurd gave his instruction. "I want a few of my working men to unload the wagon and I want my bar maiden's back out in the front looking pretty and serving. I need my sub bartender working a little bit of my shift until I'm done dealing with this young woman right here." He said in a commanding but polite manner. He waved his hand and his workers quickly got back to work as he lead Valerie to a room where she could bathe and freshen up. "everything you need is in there. take what you need, I will be at the bar once you are done. If you are going to be leaving with me... then you need to pull your own weight."
*one year later*
"I need a honeyed ale, two beers, and one grape wine," Valerie said as Sigurd nodded skillfully making the drinks she requested.
Valerie had grown quite confident over the last year and her look changed from a broken girl who knew nothing to a woman who had a sort of purpose. She worked for Sigurd now and lived under his roof as that was the deal they made...

Valerie areis Lenaeris

The door to the tavern would open, and in walked Noah. He wore a thick overcoat, and underneath that he wore his casual, long sleeved clothing, which thankfully helped to insulate from the cold. He would have opted for his uniform, but that would have drawn too much attention to him. He did, however, keep his badge in his pocket, in case he needed to identify himself. He didn't have his armor on, and had opted to leave it with his other gear with his horse. He did, however, have his sword strapped to his back. He stepped inside of White Winter Tavern, and looked around. It was quaint, and definitely warmer than outside. Letting the door shut behind him, he continued to look around the tavern. There were a couple of people in here, patrons enjoying their drinks, and employees working at the tavern.

Noah walked forward, passing by multiple patrons and employees, before eventually taking a seat at a table. He sat down in the chair, and looked around the tavern. He was glad to be out of the cold. He had come a long way, and it had not been easy getting inside of the city. Thankfully, his rank as Nobility allowed him to get in much easier, but it had still been a challenge. They had constantly wanted his papers. So, he had given them the papers, flashed his badge, and showed that he was a member of Nobility, and that had managed to get him access into the city. Finally...

Noah pulled out a piece of parchment. He hadn't come out all this way for no reason, after all. Noah had been sent out here for multiple reasons, actually. One was to check out the city, and perhaps establish trading with the kingdom. Another reason why he was sent was because of reports and rumors of corruption and conspiracy within the city. So he had been sent to investigate because of his investigation skills. Many were claiming that the current ruler was a tyrant, and Noah wanted to get to the bottom of this.

The last reason was a strange one. Someplace called Valoria had requested his assistance to help with a missing person case. Obviously, Noah had accepted, but what was strange was the lack of information he had about the missing person. Apparently, the person had been missing for a year, and the case was still on-going. But when they gave Noah the case file, there was very little for him to work with. There was no portrait of the person's face and no other descriptors that could help him find out who this person was. The only thing he got was the person's age, name, and gender. Valerie, age 20-21, female. Noah doubted that he would be able to find this woman, no less identify her because of the secretive nature of her identity, but he had accepted it anyway, though he had warned them that he might not be able to find her. So, he had decided to continue on with his main hunt in discovering the truth about what was going on in Fystendonaldhymer, and get to the bottom of all the rumors.

Nearby, a girl was working. She seemed confident and self-made, like she had a purpose, she knew what that purpose was, and was following that purpose to the best of her extent. Admirable traits to have in someone, Noah knew that from experience.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" He said to her. "Do y'all have a list of food and drinks that you sell here? Also, do you know any places where someone can rent a room and rest?" Noah asked the woman politely.

No doubt she also knew of places where someone could get some information. And that was exactly what he needed, information. But right now, first he would get settled in before he started to do that. Besides, if the first thing he asked her was where someone could get information, she might get uncomfortable and not answer him. So, for now, he held back, merely asking about food, drink, and a place to rest, like any other traveler would.

Valerie carried the tray of drinks over to the house's locals and started for another table when she was stopped by the sound of a new face. Val had made it her mission to know everyone who walked into the Tavern, it was something she did for the sport and was fairly good at it but the face in front of her... she didn't know which intrigued her to some extent. "List of food and drinks? Well, of course, we do. Winter Tavern is known for its food and drinks! If you want I can give you some pointers." Val suggested with a friendly face as she was known for her unique and humble kindness.
"you new around here? I usually make it a custom to know all our customers. I know it's a little weird but what kind of woman would I be if I didn't? Anyways, since your new, your order is on the house. Also, this Tavern has some of the best rooms... don't worry about renting one, I got it covered. Anyways back to your order, oh.... Names... Valerie by the way. most people call me Val." She responded as a million and one things flutter in her mind but she learned how to focus on one at a time. "Anyways, I suggest that you request our famous honeyed ale and graced duck. It's a local favorite and has become a house Specialty." Valerie explained as she held up a finger. "I will be right back."
She walked over to a customer's table and pick up their leftover dishes which were cleanly empty. Then she placed them on the bar which then they were carried off. Valerie returned with a soft sigh. She was a busy woman but she liked her days to be filled. Val wondered when it would be time for an adventure or just to travel the world instead of staying in the tyrannical kingdom she lived in but Val also learned not to keep her head in the clouds. "sorry, I'm a leading Bar Maiden and my jobs require me to run all over the place but you have my full attention. Make a choice yet?"

Noah watched as the woman turned to him, and answered his questions.

"List of food and drinks? Well, of course, we do. Winter Tavern is known for its food and drinks! If you want I can give you some pointers."

Noah nodded. The woman was quite friendly and kind. She obviously had been working here for a while, as she seemed quite skilled at her job and interacting with people.

Anyways, since your new, your order is on the house. Also, this Tavern has some of the best rooms... don't worry about renting one, I got it covered.

Noah blinked at this. "Why... thank you, ma'am. You're very gracious and generous. Your generosity is much appreciated. I wasn't expecting to receive this much kindness" Noah told her.

oh.... Names... Valerie by the way. most people call me Val."

"Nice to meet you, Valerie. My name is Noah Shordan, but you can just call me Noah." Noah said, introducing himself. Wait... her name was Valerie? Like that missing person? No way that it was her, the chances of that were far beyond one-in-a-million. Noah merely shrugged off that thought. Besides, Valerie wasn't an uncommon name, so it's even less likely that it's the missing woman. Besides, even if she was, Noah would have no way of finding out, since he doesn't know what the missing woman looks like.

"Anyways, I suggest that you request our famous honeyed ale and graced duck. It's a local favorite and has become a house Specialty." Valerie explained as she held up a finger. "I will be right back."

Noah nodded as she walked off, thinking. Well, she had been kind and friendly so far, perhaps she would be willing to answer some of his other questions. Questions like about the city, and the rumors of corruption and conspiracy that apparently plagued the city.

Then, Valerie returned from cleaning the other table.

"sorry, I'm a leading Bar Maiden and my jobs require me to run all over the place but you have my full attention. Make a choice yet?"

"No need to apologize, preforming your work skill and ease is an admirable skill. Besides, being lead Bar Maiden must be a large responsibility." He told her. "As for what I have decided, I guess I'll take the honeyed ale and the graced duck."

Then, Noah had another question to ask her. "One more thing, Valerie," He said to her. "I need to ask you something. But firstly... is there any place where we can go to talk privately?" He asked her. Since she was lead Bar Maiden, she no doubt had great knowledge of things happening in the city. Taverns were visited by all types of people, meaning that plenty of information flowed through here. And right now, he wanted that information before he got to eating or resting.

"Why... thank you, ma'am. You're very gracious and generous. Your generosity is much appreciated. I wasn't expecting to receive this much kindness"

"it's the least I can do and plus don't thank me. It doesn't take much to be good-hearted. It can be exhausting especially with a town filled with scum and ruled by a tyrant but it's better than snooping low like them." Val said before extending her introduction only to hear his well-mannered response back.
"Nice to meet you, Valerie. My name is Noah Shordan, but you can just call me Noah."

"Noah Shordan... nice name and fitting of the face." She said with a hidden smirk behind her silver-blue eyes. It was such a well-run in but fate would have it another way. Neither knew each other, so it would be hard to tell if Valerie was really the missing girl or of use. Val knew one year's worth of stuff about the tyrant king and the kingdom in which he ruled but Sigurd... her father figure knew quite a bit more but wouldn't be so willing to answer any questions.

"No need to apologize, preforming your work skill and ease is an admirable skill. Besides, being lead Bar Maiden must be a large responsibility. As for what I have decided, I guess I'll take the honeyed ale and the graced duck."
"you flatter me... Uh, it is a large responsibility but it's a responsibility I'm willing to take. Especially since the owner of this tavern found me nearly dead a year ago and well gave me a home, but I wouldn't want to bother you with such details. Anyways, you pick a great choice let me get it for you and I will be right back." Val said before leaving his table-side again cleaning up a few more tables and putting in his request. "make it on the house."
She walked back over to the table in time to hear his next question.
"is there any place where we can go to talk privately?"
She was quite alarmed for a second. What could he possibly want with her? She was just a bar maiden, after all, no one important, and yet here a handsome mysterious fellow wanted to talk to her in private. "Well, how about this. I will get you a room here at the White Winter Tavern and then after I finish my work here. I can talk with you. May I ask for a brief explanation and why you want to talk with me of all people?" Val wondered with a raises of her eyebrow. Seeing Valerie had gotten off track, Sigurd sighed and brought of Noah's request only to head back over to the bar again.
The crowded tables were filled with games and laughter. Newcomers would think the locals were celebrating but it was just another rowdy crowd. Nodding over to Sigurd, he nodded back signaling she was okay to take a break. Val sits down waiting patiently for a reply.

*Something had become astir outside, something lingering, something dead but yet graceful in the hands of clear weather and great blue skies. However, something had changed, shifted into motion, gazed deep into sudden darkness. The Clouds outside gave soft and decrepit turns, decaying and becoming yet achieving a bitter grey pigment. There was something inbound, something quite usual for these lands of all-knowing but less following. A storm was seen coming from the north, and it would seem to find itself brutal...of course, not everyone had known that yet few. The door to the tavern had come open, some men looked back in disgust and deprived of their feelings, while women had looked back with a glint in their eyes. A glint from the new figure who had come through, barely seen with a strong of a silver golden lock beneath his sheathed cloak hood. The tavern had gone temporarily quiet, around once a year a man of this stature seems to appear here or...is perhaps found here. Some had foretold this man to be of the storms, a man of silent lighting. There and then gone, not too been seen until his time back. Others claim this figure isn't even a man at all. If not a man who is he...or she. Being that Valorie has worked here a year she had seen the figure, but as mysterious as he was, he was even quieter. Everything had seemed frozen within the motion before the figure had walked through. Those eyes of his glinted to all who he had passed, those eyes yet sheathed and not seen...well not yet.*

*Whatever was now quiet had begun to pick up once again, but everyone had deeded themselves to keep an eye on this one particular individual. He had sat down and raised his hand, it was slender...wailful, but strong. His hand had raised for the attention of a maid, but he had all the patients in the world as this was a break after traveling two months by foot. Some had glanced down to the figure's boots, they were stale, edged out, and worn. It looked as if it wouldn't have taken much longer before the souls would completely come off.* "What is he doing here?" *A man would murmur, and as if the new figure had heard his head raised, and yet only the speaker would see the eyes...and he would go stone cold for a moment before the hood lowered.*

*Valorie herself would watch Sigurd lift from the bar place he was at, the male had caught the attention of Sigurd. Only Valorie herself would know how rare that really was. Now Sigurd was an older man, retired from being a watching soldier from the Northeaster lining of the seas. A watch postman for ships, or unwanted attention from any of the other couple of continents down south. Within the moment the figure had pulled out a seat for the elderly man. Even how Sigurd had grown old, his strength was still impeccable and quite legendary, However, he was only one of the legends from this land, one of the veterans from the battle of Mid-way. Sigurd had now sat to the new individual, and within the moments of time, they had begun too talk as if something was amiss. If someone had tried to listen to both of the men...nothing was heard but a few low murmurs, nothing really was able to be heard. Was it perhaps scarry, Sigurd has never seen this way before, why now too this stranger in these strange lands.*

• Love
Reactions: Noah Shordan
"it's the least I can do and plus don't thank me. It doesn't take much to be good-hearted. It can be exhausting especially with a town filled with scum and ruled by a tyrant but it's better than snooping low like them."

Noah nodded to her. A town filled with scum? Ruled by a tyrant? Hmm... interesting... Perhaps the rumors about this place were true. Thank the gods, Noah had been afraid that he had come out all this way for baseless and false rumors, but it seemed like this place was starting to live up to the rumors.

"you flatter me... Uh, it is a large responsibility but it's a responsibility I'm willing to take. Especially since the owner of this tavern found me nearly dead a year ago and well gave me a home, but I wouldn't want to bother you with such details.

Noah nodded again. "No doubt, you seem like someone that can handle themself. And no wonder the owner took you in, you are a kind person." He told her. Found nearly dead a year ago? Noah wondered what had happened there, and how she had gotten into that circumstance.

Valerie walked off again, cleaning up a couple more tables, and placing his order, and then when she returned she heard his question, and seemed quite alarmed and surprised by it.

"Well, how about this. I will get you a room here at the White Winter Tavern and then after I finish my work here. I can talk with you.

Noah looked at her, and nodded. "I understand, work should be very important to a person." He said, and then, she asked another question.

May I ask for a brief explanation and why you want to talk with me of all people?"

Noah hesitated for a second, before reaching into his pocket. There, he pulled out something, and set it on the table. When Valerie looked at it, she would see that it was a Sheriff's badge. "Does this answer your question?" He asked her, before putting the badge back into his pocket. Then, the owner of the place came over, and brought his food and drink, before heading back over to the bar. Valerie gave him a quick nod, before sitting down at the table. The room had gotten quiet when a mysterious individual (Fyzenguard The Unsheathed ) entered the room, but eventually it picked back up, getting rowdy and loud again. Good, perfect for Noah to talk to Valerie.

Noah leaned forward slightly, towards the table and Valerie. "Valerie, my name is Sheriff Noah Shordan, of House Mendrev." He told her. When Noah spoke, his voice was quiet, almost dimmed out by the loudness of the crowd around them. "I'm an Investigator, here to look into some strange reports about Fystendonaldhymer. I've come a long way, Valerie, and I want to find out whatever I can."

"Firstly, I need your help."
Noah said to her. "I'm a newcomer in these parts, coming from a far away land. I know almost nothing about this place, and the people that inhabit it. I need a guide, a local that knows a lot about this place. You're a local that works as lead Bar Maiden in a tavern. Now, taverns get a lot of different people coming through. A lot of information passes through taverns. And right now, I need all the information I can get. Valerie, I need your help."

He shifted slightly in his seat, before saying, "Listen, I was sent to investigate reports that the kingdom of Fystendonaldhymer is corrupt. We've been getting reports that the leaders are corrupt and that they are tyrants. Val, I need your help in discovering the truth. Like I said, I need a local to help me navigate this place, and find information. Right now, you're the only person that has shown me kindness and hospitality. So right now, you're my first pick as a guide" He told her.

"Firstly, Valerie, I need to ask you a question." Noah said. "Are the leaders and government of Fystendonaldhymer corrupt? Is the King truly corrupt? Is he truly a tyrant?" He asked her, his voice still quiet.

• Yay
Reactions: Quellyn D'Araesia
"I understand, work should be very important to a person."

"It's important enough but working as a bar maiden doesn't come with quite a lot of disadvantages. I mean you have men trying to steal nighly glances, you have shipmates who degrade the normal women's value, you even have women who try and tear down other women but I never let it get to me." Val said before seeing the flash of his badge.
this didn't surprise her as she felt the mysterious and complex ways of the men but she didn't let it hold sway over her choice to talk with him. "I see... but I'm afraid deputy that symbol that you flash will only get you in more trouble. Fystendonaldhymer has nothing to hid. Its secrets are placed in front of all to see but then again humans have a way of looking past things that are right in front of them."
As a new mysterious figure made his way into the tavern, Valerie did find it strange that he had some sort of business with her father figure but she left him be as her focus returned to the conversation at hand and the voice raised around them.
"Valerie, my name is Sheriff Noah Shordan, of House Mendrev. I'm an Investigator, here to look into some strange reports about Fystendonaldhymer. I've come a long way, Valerie, and I want to find out whatever I can."

Valerie leans forward as her eyes become more serious than before. "I know that you want to fulfill this bound or contact as part of your work. I know that your work is as important to you as mine is to me. But... I would like for you to consider dropping that contract and getting out of Fysten as soon as you can. I won't make you do anything you don't want to but going do this trail will get you killed." Val said honestly as she hated ruining the moment with such a heavy topic but did what was necessary.
"Firstly, I need your help. I'm a newcomer in these parts, coming from a far away land. I know almost nothing about this place, and the people that inhabit it. I need a guide, a local that knows a lot about this place. You're a local that works as lead Bar Maiden in a tavern. Now, taverns get a lot of different people coming through. A lot of information passes through taverns. And right now, I need all the information I can get. Valerie, I need your help."

Taking a moment, the woman looked around as if thinking of all her decisions and their possible results. She was willing to help him early what had changed? she wasn't scared of any tyrant and she always wanted a life of her own decision-making... so what was she waiting for?
"Fine I will help you but you must promise me that whatever we do... we do my way. I've already put myself in enough danger just by talking to you and letting rest at our tavern. That tyrannical king doesn't take kindly to men like you who seek to overturn his power. If he finds out... I'm dead, your dead. I don't think I can say that enough but here we are."
"Are the leaders and government of Fystendonaldhymer corrupt? Is the King truly corrupt? Is he truly a tyrant?"

"Leaders? the court of Fystendonaldhymer has always been corrupted because the king needs a court that backs him against his subjects. Heads go rolling and children get stoned if they disobey the law around here. It's dangerous and corrupted, the tyrant is what he named himself with the stain of his disgusting actions. We should probably table this conversation until our locals leave... I don't want to put Sigurd or his locals in danger because I couldn't keep my mouth shut long enough." Val said leaning back into her chair as she glanced over to Sigurd who still seemed to be in deep conversation.

*The two had continued on for a rather long, until Sigurd had stood but the figure still had sat, quiet, and nothing more to say. However a smug grin was seen through the cloak, and Sigurd had vanished into the crowds and then into a room in the back. The smug grin was still seen as the figure southed his bridled sitting position and clapped his hands together softly, nothing able to hear from a few inches or individuals who were close around surrounding people. Now it seemed...this new figure was surrounded by 8 tables...he was seated at a table near the fire in the middle of the room. People had continued to talk. two men were seen on the table past the figure, arm wrestling. One of the more brutish men was suddenly beaten by a more slender figure* "Cheater! Cheater! Rematch!" *And at that a fight had started out, everyone had shot up and began cheering. For such a small, and pitiful town compared to the rest of them in the kingdom, it was very lively. It was the reason Fyzenguard returned to it a couple of times a year. Not even as his name was spoken, only the thought of it quieted down the tavern. Within the moments Sigurd had come out with a pint of ale in one hand, and other...a tensed flat hand. Walking past the two he slapped the dogshit out of the more brutish man, sending him to the ground flawlessly. Turning to the next the man had cowered back as old Sigurd said* "You young cunts." *A small shivled and wheezed chuckle was heard as he walked up to the figure.*

*For the first time, the man who seemed to have no words for anyone but one person spoke up* "Seems you still have it my friend" *His voice was as rapid as a river current, and as soft and mellow as a fine buzz from a laughing bee. He stood and suddenly, Sigurd and the figure took hand in the arm, and hand into the arm as both looked at each other rather fiercely, but within a friend's manner. Now Valerie would now figure that both must have had some sort of...past together. But if a past what past? She had grown to Sigurd's rule, she had grown to be his daughter after the misfortune of his past family. Now, however, as the figure had stood something strange had shown. Under his cloak of leather was seen a silver belt and the thin cloth of a tunic...a very black tunic. Not only that but the shimer of gems were seen sparkling and pressed into the sheath of either a basterd or longsword. Both men had forsaken and had left arms before Sigurd was heard saying* "Fyzenguard...come in here. I have something to discuss, but let me get someone"

*Now Sigurd was seen leading the male into the same room he had come out with, but had given the figure...or Fyzenguard that Valire had heard just from sheer luck. They had entered the same room, and this time only sigurd had come out and was beginning to head in Valaries and Noah's way. Sigurds Silver, but thin hair gave a soft wave, and his hands were found under the pockets of his peasants pants which were just grey leggings with a leather belt, bounding it together. Sigurd had gotten the sight of the shining star from Noah, and a crazed smile had lifted onto his lips* "Valarie, there is a man in the healing wound who needs attending to, your friend right here may want to follow in as well. I'm guessing hes on official business it may have seemed"" *Sigurd snatched the shiny silver star from Noah and looked at it with a small sheer smile of pride, and terriance before giving it back* "now"

Last edited:
"I know that you want to fulfill this bound or contact as part of your work. I know that your work is as important to you as mine is to me. But... I would like for you to consider dropping that contract and getting out of Fysten as soon as you can. I won't make you do anything you don't want to but going do this trail will get you killed."

Noah looked at her in the eyes as he told her this. She had very pretty eyes, so vibrant and full of life. Now, they had become serious, as the conversation became heavy. Noah shook his head at her. "I didn't accept this job for my own safety," He told her. "I joined up so I could help people, no matter the cost to my own safety and life."

"Fine I will help you but you must promise me that whatever we do... we do my way. I've already put myself in enough danger just by talking to you and letting rest at our tavern. That tyrannical king doesn't take kindly to men like you who seek to overturn his power. If he finds out... I'm dead, your dead. I don't think I can say that enough but here we are."

Noah nodded at her. "I understand. We'll do things your way. Unless it appears like innocent civilians will get hurt, that's when I'll have to step in." He said. "It's not me the king should worry about. It's the people. They're the ones that he has tormented, and you can bet that many people would do terrible things to him if they got the chance."

"Leaders? the court of Fystendonaldhymer has always been corrupted because the king needs a court that backs him against his subjects. Heads go rolling and children get stoned if they disobey the law around here. It's dangerous and corrupted, the tyrant is what he named himself with the stain of his disgusting actions.

Noah leaned forward, and nodded. "This is... most beneficial. Thank you, Valerie. I understand that you've risked a lot telling me this. You've risked yourself for a complete stranger. Most people aren't this kind. I thank you for that." He said. "I swore an oath when I became a sheriff. I swore to always uphold the law and protect the innocent, even if it meant risking and sacrificing my own safety and life. Valerie, I swear to you, I'll either make sure that the king and his court are removed from their positions and punished for their crimes, or I'll die trying."

We should probably table this conversation until our locals leave... I don't want to put Sigurd or his locals in danger because I couldn't keep my mouth shut long enough."

Noah also leaned back in his chair. "Agreed, let's put this off till later, until we can discuss this in a more... private location." He said.

Then, the owner, who Valerie had named Sigurd, came over to them.

"Valarie, there is a man in the healing wound who needs attending to, your friend right here may want to follow in as well. I'm guessing hes on official business it may have seemed"

Then, Sigurd took Noah's sheriff badge, and looked at it for a brief moment, before handing it back to Noah. Noah grabbed it and put it back into his pocket. "I've gotta hand it to you. It takes guts to take something from an officer of the law." Noah told Sigurd. "In fact, it takes guts to steal from a Noble."

Noah stood up from his seat. "Well, let's go meet this gentleman, shall we?" Noah said. He looked at Valerie and Sigurd. "After you." He said, to both of them. He was going to let them lead, since they knew this place the best.

"I've gotta hand it to you. It takes guts to take something from an officer of the law. In fact, it takes guts to steal from a Noble."

"Sigurd, this is Noah Shordan... like he said his a noble and the officer of the law but we shouldn’t speak of that part," Val said standing from the table. Sigurd raised his eyebrow at this and then sighed. "what have you gotten yourself into child?" he said before walking back to the bar as had no need in attending the meeting and had a business to run.
"Well, let's go meet this gentleman, shall we? After you."

"What have I gotten myself into?" Valerie asked herself as she wondered what could possibly wait for her in the healing chambers set up in the back of the tavern. It had been not too long again that she was working peacefully and somewhat enjoying a bit of life under a tyrant but then two mysterious fellows followed their fate into the White Winter Tavern and happened upon Val. What was this? Some sort of game of help the strangers?
Val leads Noah down a narrow hallway until they happened upon the doorway of the healing chambers. It was the place that Val spent the most of her time in when there were many bar fights or punished citizens of Fystendonaldhymer. Her craft in medicine had become pretty well known but hidden from the authority of Fysten as the Tyrant which ruled wanted the best and Valerie happened to fall in that dangerous category. Upon finding the magic in medicine and herbs, Valerie loved studying history and wars... it was something about fighting that filled a closed-off part of herself long forgotten. Maybe that was what made her so dangerous... her kindness which hid all the other unique things about her.
proxy.php

Without a moment more to waste, Valerie opened the door and lead Noah inside ready to hear what this very mysterious man had to say.

*Sigurd had looked down to the man, a grin had come to his face. Stealing, that wasn't close to a right description of the situation. Even a small chuckle swept through his lips* "Don't care what you are. My bar, my rules, I get to charge who comes in and out. If your law, then you're allowed in as long as you pay and you don't mess with any of the bar ladies." *Sigurd had told him stearly, the old mans voice was wearing down and was coming down to a low grumble. Was it age or had it been because he had settled down after years? or something a bit more* "Plus we have an interesting visitor who had come in bad tithing, a man who I saved in the battles of Mid-way, a man who hasn't replied me yet from time after time of me healing him. However, my hands are getting old and shaky, Valrie you will have to take him into care for a couple of moments"

*Sigurd had led the so-called noble and his daughter Valerie across the tavern, and through the many tables and people. All would hear of hardy tales, and better times, even some stories of pig farming...and even riding. Due to it being winter all year around pigs were more of boar however, more lean meat. this town was never short of food, never short of hunting or pelts either. Sigurd had opened the door and let the two in. Why had he let the noble/Sherif in? Where there even sheriff in these lands, Sigurd had never heard and never would unless he was going to travel to distant lands possibly. However there was the cloaked figure still cloaked and Sigurd's voice rang out* "This is..." *And before he could continue to speak the male's voice had come out again, fair like the gushing springs, and as pulsated and golden as the sun as he lifted his good off. to their surprise a figure not seen to their eyes had come into view. male, cheekbones defined, his chin lengthy and skin pale. They had gotten a firm glance of those lighting blue eyes, and an image of just his eyes made them imagine lighting trapped or froze within ice. They were a combination of color, pure iron, and blue. And as he pulled the hood of a head full of lushes, silver blond hair had run down like golden waves of the sun glimmering upon the sea.* "I am Fyzenguard, protector of the lands and traveler of the Skeletal woods. You must be Valerie, Sigurd had told me much about his fine daughter" *Then Sigurd had cleared his throat and Fyzenguard had looked up.* "Oh...stepdaughter" *The figure had said, and Sigrd had raised a bit more...and then just had left*

*Fyzenguard stood there, and looked over the two. His clothing was quite superb, with no cloak he was wearing a loose black tunic. Below the color was lined silver buttons of silver spider legs. His legging attire resembled that of leather leggings, tight, and had resistance against blunt weapons and objects. Who more could this man be* "I hate to ruin the day, or your both days. i don't know if your lovers, not my place. But Sigurd had told me that Valerie would attend to my wounds. I had just finished off a fight with a few outlawish bands, or brigands perhaps." *Both would watch as he would unbuckle his long pure silver belt with a sheath strapped next to it. Pure blue archaic gems were seen lining down the ashen wood of the sheath. Ash wood was a very traditional wood, and as the sheriff would know...only nobles used such woods being traditional and very expensive.* "So i hope you don't reject tending to my wounds...I will pay if needed. I know healing doesn't come cheap as they used to years back..." *And as he had said this both would wonder...the man or...young man only looked to be 17..or perhaps 18. Looked younger than both of them it may have seemed* "so what do we say?

"Don't care what you are. My bar, my rules, I get to charge who comes in and out. If your law, then you're allowed in as long as you pay and you don't mess with any of the bar ladies."

"I'm not here to cause an trouble. Besides, Valerie here was kind enough to put my meal on the house. Anything else, I can assure you, I can and will pay for." Noah assured the man.

"What have I gotten myself into?"

"Welcome to my life." Noah muttered to Valerie.

Then, Noah stood up, and followed after Valerie and Sigurd, following after them as they started heading across the tavern, passing by tables and people. Noah continued to follow after them, now being lead down a narrow hallway. There was a door, which they opened, stepping through it, and Noah also entered the room behind them, stepping inside.

There was a cloaked figure inside, and as Sigurd began to speak, the cloaked figure spoke, pulling back his hood. The man in front of them seemed young, yet... there was something strange about him.

Noah listened as the man spoke, introducing himself as Fyzenguard, and that he was the protector of the lands. "I'm Noah, and you obviously know Valerie here." Noah replied, introducing himself.

Interesting... So this guy was basically in charge of keeping the peace? He seemed like the kind of guy Noah needed to speak with, for his ongoing investigation. Sigurd stepped out of the room. Fyzenguard's clothing was quite lavish, that was something Noah noticed from the get-go.

"I hate to ruin the day, or your both days. i don't know if your lovers, not my place. But Sigurd had told me that Valerie would attend to my wounds. I had just finished off a fight with a few outlawish bands, or brigands perhaps."

Noah tilted his head at the man. He just got done fighting brigands? How... intriguing. Noah really needed to talk to this man. He obviously knew a lot about the state of the kingdom if he was the protector of the lands.

Noah watched as the man unbuckled his silver belt. Noah saw the sheath right next to it. It was made out of ashen wood, and had gems lining it. Interesting... that wasn't something someone saw every day. Either this man was extremely rich, or he was a noble. Either way, he was obviously important in some way.

"So i hope you don't reject tending to my wounds...I will pay if needed. I know healing doesn't come cheap as they used to years back..."

I'm sure that Valerie here will oblige. I can assist in tending to your wounds. I have experience in medical practices, its just something that you learn when you're in my profession." He told Fyzenguard.

"I am Fyzenguard, protector of the lands and traveler of the Skeletal woods. You must be Valerie, Sigurd had told me much about his fine daughter Oh...stepdaughter" (Fyzenguard)

At the word stepdaughter, Valerie grimaces as she didn't really like the title even though Sigurd considered him her father figure. "hopefully he didn't tell you too much because I really don't want to get into any more business than I already am. No disrespect but I'm dealing with a noble sheriff, my own work, and now... well... you. If you are the protector of these lands then you should probably do something about its current state because crime has seemed to risen and well this new king which took the throne is no help to a good cause. But I will not go on some kind of rant because I neither have the time nor care to do so." Valerie said firmly as she wasn't annoyed but caught in a slight inconvenience of sorts.
"I'm Noah, and you obviously know Valerie here." (Noah)

"yes, yes. We are now aquatinted but there's still one question that needs answering... Why am I really here? yes, I can see your wounds as clear as day but it seems sort of strange that you talk with Sigurd and then invite both of us here instead of me to take care of your wounds." Valerie spoke up once more. What was happening today? usually, days weren't strange like this but today Valerie had two strange encounters both probably with a million questions in which she would answer, only out of the goodness of her heart.
"I hate to ruin the day or both of your day. i don't know if your lovers, not my place. But Sigurd had told me that Valerie would attend to my wounds. I had just finished off a fight with a few outlawish bands, or brigands perhaps. So i hope you don't reject tending to my wounds...I will pay if needed. I know healing doesn't come cheap as they used to years back..." (Fyzenguard)
"lovers... ha... you must be a jest of sorts. Anyways, yes I will help with your wounds and because I feel so benevolent it won't cost you but don't expect me to show this kindness all the time." Valerie said walking towards a cabinet filled with medicines and herbs... most of which were made by her own hand.
"I'm sure that Valerie here will oblige. I can assist in tending to your wounds. I have experience in medical practices, its just something that you learn when you're in my profession." (Noah)

"You know me so well Noah. That will be helpful, thank you." Valerie responded to Noah's nimble request to help. "hmm.. for your payment fyzenguard. I would like to know why you request both of us and what we really are here for." Valerie said as she rummaged through her things and started to hand some stuff to Noah.

*Fyzenguards young and Stearn smile had looked to them as they had quite for a moment, his head shifted before those lighting blue eyes caught the glimmer of his silver belt which had held his sword. Then he had walked over to the counter and placed it down ontop of it* "it has been at least a years since I have been in this room. Each year it holds more beauty than the last. Perhaps its because its getting older, wiser, perhaps its the more it sees the more it learns." *Those eyes of his looked up and down the room, was this man crazy? No he wasn't, of course not. If its true to what he said about him being the protector, then he is defiantly not crazy.*

*Fyzenguard gave out a soft chuckle and looked to Noah, the male had fully stood now showing his 6'4 height. Strange thing was, he was the smallest out of the men in his family. Besides his father anyways. The male was slender, but underneath all of that clothing was toned muscles and bridled scars he had worn, mostly hidden to the eye.* "Noah hmm...I'm already beginning to like you. With the way you look and act, you're some sort of man of the law. I know why you're here already" *He did? Fyzenguard gave a hinting smile as he suddenly twisted down into an oaken chair and looked to Valerie* "However, the shade of your blond hair is most interesting. Seems like your not from around here. I have seen you...and it seems I was there when Sigurd had found you. But keeping you a secret, probably a smart move to be honest. Knowing the men we were with, they would have all spat to the sides."

*Fyzenguard crossed his leg over the other and looked fiercely at Valerie. Was there something wrong, was she annoyed with him. However he had heard what he needed to pay, and his smile rose. Gladly he would tell, but would it be to the liking of the both* "Well seeming as both of you are curious, and the payment rather simple I couldn't stop myself from answering a question like that. I wouldn't be lying if I said I hadn't followed Noah here, but it was unintentional. I saw that silver badge under your fine coat, sparkling for the world to see. See me and you have a little in common, no matter how much we wan't to stay quiet, some things always there to pick us right out of the crowds. I would be well sure that you would have remembered me on the road. I was the man that you had passed, and I must say when a man travels alone in these lands...he's seen somewhat a badass."

*With a little light chuckle, it seemed he wanted to drag this as far as he wanted. But wasn't that the fun of it, did they agree with it. Or were they unpatient.* " Getting to the point, Noah we were heading to the same place. And no one comes here hardly, not even the king coming to acquire taxes. Seems king Pilsner is older and weaker then he once was hundreds of years ago. You traveled here for a reason didn't you?" *He asked and even before Noah could answer he had continued talking once again* "The world is running out of men like me and you. I am trying to make a band of men...no not like bandits, brigands, or pirates seen on the seas. Men who belived in the old world, belived in treating women right. A world in which everything was seen both simple and complicated. That badge right there, is a passageway and an honor. I have no doubt in my mind that you out of most i have seen would believe in something I have. My original reason was to come here and make Sigurd my leading in comand. But he says he is told old, and I agree. Im making a band of men to take back over the kingdom, and give Pilsner the Pale his throne back. Because the only family to inherit the throne is of his blood line, and thats running thin as it is. And even if Valerie wanted to join, she has every right to do so. Women make some of the finest warriors.