Completed In the depths of a mine...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
There was something there...a concern. Nosdyn noticed it right away that time and he wouldn't pass up another chance to do what he was meant to be doing. She needed comfort too, she needed a friend. His eye narrowed for a moment, and did the most unlikely thing when she walked past him. He was a Blue Orc of few words, always having preferred to let his actions speak for him, his actions to speak louder than words. It's not that he was shy...it was that he didn't know human customs that much and didn't want to offend.

He'd grown used to having Anya there and never stopped to ask what she wanted. That would change...he walked closer to her suddenly and did the most unlikely thing possible. He held her hand. As a show of strength, companionship, comfort. He held her hand. In his own large hand, but it was a gentle gesture. One he thought would be appropriate there. He looked at his friend for a moment. "I'm scared for you." Nosdyn found himself saying. "I can join you in this endeavor if you need an adequate companion." Nosdyn suggested, he didn't want her to go and think she would die alone. "Nobody should die alone...especially not you. You've already given us so much." He looked at her with his inquisitive gaze, searching for something. He was not sure what...but that concern. He noticed it accurately at that point...there was something there.

"I'm scared for you."

Scared? scared for me? Why? She thought to herself. “Why would you be scared for me?”

"I can join you in this endeavor if you need an adequate companion." Nosdyn suggested, he didn't want her to go and think she would die alone. "Nobody should die alone...especially not you. You've already given us so much."

“I wasn’t planning on dying Nosdyn, I said that I might. As for how much I’ve given, some of us have given more. I have yet to give all that I have to offer, maybe I won’t have to but it is definitely a price I’m willing to pay. But I appreciate your concern, truly I do. And as much as I would love for you to come with me, you need to stay with the main garrison and make sure that they have a commander if a storm does come, they come first Nosdyn, compared to them, I’m low priority. I’ll be back Nosdyn, probably.” Then before she could stop herself she pecked him on the cheek, standing on her toes to do so, then left before she could regret her decision.

She made for the map room, and after a half hour she set out with the scouts.

As he stood there he looked at the fields before the fort. His eye caught it right away, knowing their enemy. As he stood there there was a kaaaawing sound from Gerreth's crow companion. "They are here." Nosdyn said plainly he looked at Gerreth. "I want groups at every entrance to the route secure. If they intend to finish us off, they will come with an overwhelming responding force." Nosdyn said calmly.

"We have the equipment specially made as Anya taught us." He held a silver sword attached to the side of his belt, holstered. He knew that the vampires were weak to silver. "What about you?"

Nosdyn raised his large fists for a moment. "I use these." He explained. "They are my weapons." He relaxed his stance a moment later. He looked at the field. "That gods forsaken shadow movement..." Nosdyn said calmly. "Ready your weapons they come."

As the defenses were raised, the scouts and Anya never returned, but not all were dead. The vampires weren’t outright attacking. They had a camp set up outside, they intended to starve the people out of their fortifications. But first a vampire procession came forth, with thralls carrying a canopy for the vampire captain, who had a guard of six armored vampires. The captain called out.

“Send me your commander, you have my word that we will not attack him under the flag of truce. Come out and negotiate.”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
Nosdyn narrowed his eye at that point he spotted the external tower that would house Anya and the extended scouts. Something is wrong they are not attacking... Nosdyn knew those from his past. They weren't like the ones that attacked him before. They had more of a shred of humanity. Nosdyn looked at Gerreth at that point. "Hold the fort, I will go to Anya and see this through one way or the other." Nosdyn hesitated before he went to the field. "You have my word I will return." Nosdyn promised, a promise that would not be taken lightly.

A few moments later he was outside. These are the ones from my past... He respected their powers over the darkness, and their sorcery. As he stepped on the field, the one that he saw earlier blurred towards him and suddenly stopped right in front of Nosdyn. "I have word that you are not to be attacked any further, our leader wishes to speak with you."

Nosdyn stood next to Anya in their tent. "Why should we believe you?"

"We could have killed you all by now, Lord Nosdyn. Why haven't we?" The Vampire Lord said calmly.

Nosdyn listened very carefully what the Nosferatu had to say. He knew what they were proposing: a mutual truce between their group and Nosdyn's troops. He held Anya's hand the entire time they all spoke, he was scared shitless. If things went south, they would all be in trouble...a lot of it. "A host of the empire is coming to destroy our fortress. You are offering allegiance to us, to turn the tide of battle. The real question is why?"

The Vampire Lord looked at Anya and Nosdyn. "Our situation...has left us in a different environment than other vampires. I know you're scared and many questions must be going through your mind right now. But I have to ask, what will it take for you to trust that we are being honorable?"

"Let me see your proof that the host is coming." Nosdyn said calmly, he would not put his brothers and sisters in any more harm than necessary.

A short time later...Nosdyn agreed to their allegiance after The Vampire Lord showed them the scrying relics in their position. He would speak to Anya about the matter later that night...

He was scared...it was different when you had something to loose.

Anya hadn’t gotten back, she was instead located in the vampire’s camp, her arms bound behind her quite securely by the forearms and elbows. Her legs were also bound, keeping her on her knees and her legs together, making her functionally immobile. She had not been easy to subdue her, but they managed it, and now she was useless to the defenders. Nosdyn was on his own.

• Yay
(Its okay I will roll with what was set up my bad again.)

When he came too, he was in the fort.

Only one thought occurred to him. "Where is Anya?" He had a seriously splitting headache but his focus was single minded on rescuing Anya. His friends looked at the distress he was in with deep concern for him. Nosdy saw Ellsa's reaction. He nodded towards her. "Did she return as well?"

Gerreth walked over towards Nosdyn. "You're not going to like this. She didn't come back with you. They were looking to hurt you and Anya."

"I walked right into a trap..." Nosdyn cursed. But he had learned something important. "A host from the Empire also comes."

"We have a very serious problem here Nosdyn." Gerreth said calmly, another scout walked up to Nosdyn and the small group, he was injured.

"It has begun." The injured scout said.

Nosdyn walked over towards him. I have to rescue Anya...but maybe we can pull a victory off here doing both things... He looked at his friends. "Rescuing Anya is a priority...but she would insist that we must fight our enemies first. I don't like it, but a rescue attempt will come after." It wasn't in Nosdyn's nature to allow a close friend to suffer alone. "We are on our own, having to fight a double host of enemies together." Nosdyn looked at his companions. "When there is a break in the fighting, I am going to need two volunteers. I have a plan." Nosdyn motioned for Ellsa. "The sword Anya's smith's prepared for us is it ready?" He asked of Ellsa, she nodded.

"It is. I will get it for you my lord." Ellsa said calmly. And she made her way towards the armory.

Anya looked up as a vampire came in, and tossed a bowl of slop in front of her. The man spoke, “eat.”

“How do you expect me to eat tied up like this?”

“Not my problem.”

“Isn’t it though?”

“And what do you expect me to do, I can’t untie you.”

“Then you’ll have to feed me. Don’t be afraid little man, I won’t bite.”

The vampire’s temper was lost. “Remember your place woman, I fear nothing.”

He took the bowl in his hand and held it up to her face, “eat.”

She couldn’t really do anything with her arms tied as they were, but she was going to do something about that. She, with her knees, slipped his dagger out of its sheathe, she’d use it later.

• Yay
A well sized host of the empire's grim soldiers looked at the fort. A commander looked at his subordinates for a long moment. "Seems like a waste."

"They started a rebellion in the mines." One of the officers said carefully. "We're to put them all down."

"Seems like their prepared enough." The commander gave the order. "Begin the assault."

A short while later on of his forward scouts came along with a disturbing report. "My lord, we have a problem."

Nosdyn held the sword with both of his hands. He knew what they were up against. Their fighting would never stop until their freedom was earned and won. His grim expression stayed complete concentration.

He was standing on one of the walls of the fort. His archers were ready...when the hour came they would descend on the field.

But always, his mind wandered to the friend they left on the field. Anya...don't worry we are coming for you soon...you won't die alone....we won't die alone. Nearby, a bard began to sing for their victory. Nosdyn nodded towards the bard. "Keep going, let that be an ode to our freedom." Nosdyn said, the bard worded the emotions they all felt better than anyone ever could. He saw that the bard nodded.

Nosdyn was afraid. Not for himself, but for his comrades and for Anya. But he would use that fear to hunt their enemies down. He knew the odds they were fighting against. Only absolute victory or absolute defeat would win the day there for either side. Nosdyn gripped the hilt of his weapon tightly for a long moment, his knuckles popped. They were on the field, a short time later, with his companions by that point. He pointed towards the Empire's dogs. And looked at his companions. "For freedom." Nosdyn whispered to them, but the words sounded like a thunder clap. At that point, they all charged on The Empire's forces...completely unafraid. Except for one, Nosdyn had fear for his lost friend but he knew she could take care of herself as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anya heard the commotion outside, after the guard had left she had begun to cut through her bonds. It proved time consuming but not difficult. She was able to cut herself loose, and stand up, dagger in hand, the next soldier to come in would die, and his weapons be taken. Turns out, she didn’t need to wait long, as the very same soldier who she had taken the dagger from came in, his eyes showing his anger, only to widen in shock as his throat was pierced by his own weapon, then his sword was taken from its sheathe and the two guards outside the tent were swiftly cut down.

Anya didn’t waste time. She ran through the camp straight for the command tent, giving no one an opportunity to cut her down or block her path, until the sword she had, had severed the general’s head from his shoulders. From there she went on one of her now infamous bloodthirsty rages.

• Yay
As they all fought, Nosdyn kept his focus razor sharp.

He wanted always to return to his friend, and rescue her.

He knew...Anya would insist that he stay true and win their battle. Against the host of the Empire Nosdyn fought like a warrior poet. With his eye narrowed, he picked out the single target he was after on the field...the leader of the Empire's soldier. The Nosferatu would be dealt with after. Both sides clashed like hungering wolves on a blood ravaged forest.

With nothing more to loose, the former slaves fought hard to defeat their enemies.

Nosdyn fought with intent to kill, every soldier he took down reminded him of his missing friend.

There were at least one hundred strong of The Empire's soldiers.

Up ahead, a leader blew an Empire horn.

That's the target... Nosdyn thought to himself as he fought his way forward. He broke formation no longer caring about anything else but complete and utter victory. Gods be with us... He recalled thinking at that precise moment. In his entire battle for freedom, he'd fought vampires, he'd fought slavers, and he'd fought a group of grim soldiers. There would be no more obstacles between him and his ragtag group of soldiers and freedom.

He saw the Empire's General up ahead...

As the Imperial General was approached by the rampaging orc, followed closely by his surprisingly disciplined Legion which cut down the empire’s inexperienced soldiers with ease, he got ready for an attack from the front, only to be run through from behind. It was none other than Anya who had done it, having taken a spear and charged through the rear of his guard before spearing him aggressively. She was grabbed from behind and swiftly subdued by the elite guard of the general, and dragged away, too swiftly to be caught up with by the preoccupied Nosdyn.

Of course, she was going to face a very long sentence after that. She was brought back to the empire’s fortified camp and placed in chains while the first offensive of the Empire retreated back to the camp. They couldn’t be attacked head on, so the day was won for Nosdyn’s legions, but the war wasn’t over yet, they still had vampires to deal with.

• Yay
The war was not over yet...

He gasped heavily as he finished killing the General himself.

He snapped the man's neck with his brutal martial tactics.

His mind and his thoughts were always on Anya and rescuing her. But that would come after.

Garreth used his crow to scan the field overhead. As suspected, the Nosferatu were on the move.

Nosdyn's concern for Anya grew deeper, but he attempted to get a hold of himself. The fighting was far from over.

The Vampire Lord that had set up the trap for them earlier arrived on the field snarling and hissing at them. "Ah, Nosdyn...the fool." The Vampire mocked bowed the group of renegades.

Nosdyn narrowed his eye. "You took someone from me. I intend to get her back." Nosdyn swore.

"We intend...." The Vampire began...

"No. You really don't understand what is at stake here." Using the martial tactics, modified by the teachings of Anya he suddenly was all over the vampire, there was no chance. He'd overwhelmed the vampire unleashing his fury on him. As Anya had taught him, he jammed his sword in a swift puncturing maneuver in the vampire's black heart.

Moments later the defeated vampires were burning up in ash...

He looked at a female Vampire survivor that they'd captured. Anya had taught them never to take prisoners of them...but...this was a special case. "Tell me where you've taken her." Nosdyn commanded.

It was rare to see a Vampire so completely terrified of Nosdyn. "You're bluffing."

He smacked her hard across the side of the face. "You will tell me or I'll gut you where you are chained myself."

If Anya were there to witness his threat, she’d chuckle. It was definitely a vulgar threat, but not quite with the creative flare that she always tried to put in her own threats. For example, hanging one’s flayed corpse from the battlements from a noose fashioned from their own intestines. >=}

But, she wasn’t there, and was instead placed in some heavy chains that were then secured to the bars of a cage, keeping her arms outstretched and immobile. She was not going to be able to get out of this one so easily. So she’d have to think creatively. Of course, this time, she would only be fed every few days, and this time no insults or persuasions could get the guard to be suckered out of a weapon somehow.

• Yay
"I will tell you if the beatings will stop." The Vampire said after a bit.

"You've shown us no mercy. But I want my companion back. If you tell me where she has been taken, you will be spared." Nosdyn said trying to sound as convincing as possible with his current anger levels.

Nosdyn's soldiers were watching the events unfold.

"We struck a deal with The Empire." The Vampire lied after a moment. "They've taken your friend to a nearby well guarded fortress. You won't get her back easily." The Vampire said with a certain grim satisfaction.

A moment later she was burning into ash. "Gerreth, do you know the location of this fortress she spoke of?" Nosdyn asked.

"No...but my friend does." Gerreth said carefully nodding towards his gifted scouting crow. "They won't suspect my friend."

"We have to get her back." Nosdyn said calmly. "On this all depends."

"I know my lord. We will get her back, rest assured." Gerreth said to his leader and the playing field was laid out before them all...

The fortress just so happened to be the vampire’s fortress. Where the vampires actually gathered. It was there that the vampires were strongest. And Anya was soon to come face to face with the Vampire Lord, or in this case, Lady.

Footsteps were heard from outside the cage she was locked in. And from around the corner of dark grey stone blocks held together by moartar, came a woman. She had pale skin and wore black clothing that was quite a bit less than modest. She stopped in front of Anya’s cage.

proxy.php

“Well hello there, you’re the knight that’s been giving us so much trouble. Tell me, what is it you intended to do after you started this little war? And what is your reason for fighting us to begin with? Wouldn’t it be easier to join us?”

“Not with the amount of hate I hold for your wretched kind.”

Last edited:
  • Yay
"What does your friend see?" Nosdyn asked of Gerreth and his crow familiar.

Gerreth extended his arm and the crow skillfully perched on his arm. Gerreth listened to the crow for a few moments and then looked at Nosdyn. "The fort lays ahead, it is crawling with Vampires. Your Nosferatu, but they are different somehow."

Nosdyn nodded. "They were playing both sides of the war." He looked off to where the location of the fortress lay. We're coming for you Anya, please just hang on a while longer... Nosdyn had a grim expression on his face.

"Sir are you sure about this, such a small group of volunteers for this operation?" Gerreth asked.

"We have to leave people guarding the fort. It is a risk but I am confident we can pull this off." Nosdyn told his companions. "This will get ugly." Nosdyn said.

"Does she mean that much to you, Lady Anya?" Gerreth asked.

He nodded at the question. "I will scour Hell itself to find her if need be."

"You won't be alone." Gerreth promised.

"Ready your silver weapons, as Anya taught us. We will enter from one of the side passages, they will be expecting a frontal assault...let's throw them off their game." Nosdyn explained.

"It's day time hours...they will be weakest at this point." Gerreth said with a grim smile on his face.

"I know." They were on the move shortly after that, to challenge fate itself.

The big issue with vampires was that most of them died in sunlight, to circumvent this they had thralls to guard it during the day. So they would have to deal with a full guard, even though their guarding the citadel against their will. So it wasn’t going to be easy, but eliminate the vampires and they might just gain new allies.

They’d probably be able to get past the guard by simply putting them in light comas. They do have to go through the labyrinthine citadel. They’d likely have to commandeer help.

• Love
They were inside.

The atmosphere within the citadel of the Vampires was different, not that much different than the negative energy present within Cerak's confines. His single eye searched for something that he could concentrate on, his companions were present. He sighed for a moment, the air was difficult to breath because of the scent of torture and death, a mad chaos vibration. "These aren't my Nosferatu."

Gerreth nodded. "It is something different...something entirely new."

Up ahead, Nosdyn saw one of their Thralls. Nosdyn sheathed his sword in it's scabbard. "They are not that different from us." Nosdyn knew slavery, but the situation the Thralls were in was different. He looked up, the ceiling was high up inside The Citadel, presumably to give The Vampires room to easily maneuver.

"He's not reacting." Gerreth said calmly. His crow familiar cawed. "My companion says it's a form of mind control."

Nosdyn waved his hand in front of the Thrall's face a few times to see if he could get the fellow's attention it was to no avail. "It's as if he's lost the will to live."

Gerreth spotted what the Thrall was working on, and knelt down before him to investigate. "It's a Rune, like what Lady Ellsa taught us about writing and reading."

"It's fueled by their blood." Nosdyn said calmly. He looked down and saw the crimson red almost jewel like rune that poor thrall was holding in his hand, sucking it's blood right out of his flesh. Nosdyn wanted to learn all he could about their enemy, what it was they faced.

"Diablerie." Gerreth cursed.

There were four other volunteers with Nosdyn, they had to have left the fort well defended. Nosdyn made sure to leave Lady Ellsa behind in the fort...there were things he needed to say to Anya when the time came. "Gerreth, I want to test something with this man." Suddenly, Nosdyn snatched the red stained jewel out of the Thrall's hands.

In an instant, the Thrall blinked and became openly hostile. Before any of them could react, Nosdyn was already upon the fellow and knocked him right out. "Those we keep alive, they may become valuable later on." Nosdyn watched the man sleep, almost peacefully as he was knocked out. We are going to need help here.

The Vampiress who was interrogating Anya, was suddenly made aware of something. A sudden knowledge in the back of her mind. She chuckled, “aww, you have someone who wants you back. Don’t worry, I’ll see you two reunited soon. Don’t go anywhere, and I’ll bring you an old friend.”

The vampiress sauntered out of the room and drew her sword from its sheath. And walked calmly through the halls of the citadel. She mentally ordered the thralls away, so that she might handle these intruders herself.

A few moments later, Nosdyn saw who was ahead. A female Vampire was moving towards them with her supernatural grace and beauty. But Nosdyn remained grim, as a slayer that he'd become. He had three other volunteers with him...should they fail, Lady Ellsa would lead the fort at that point. For Nosdyn it was all personal. He pointed his sword towards the Vampire woman. "You have someone that belongs to me. I am here to get her back." Nosdyn snarled.

Gerreth and the others readied their own weapons. His crow was perched on a nearby old and dusty book shelf. Gerreth looked at his old friend for a moment.

Nosdyn kept his resolve firm. He would rescue the Lady Anya, or die trying. He'd left Lady Ellsa with specific instructions should they all fail. "You are their leader are you not?" Nosdyn found himself asking the woman who quickly approached...he had to be certain. Nosdyn sheathed his sword at that point and looked at his companions. "Return to the fort. You are witness to what has happened here. If I fail you will know." Nosdyn saluted his companions as they left and he looked at the vampire woman. "Me and you are alone now. What's it going to be will you give me what I seek or will I have to destroy you...or you me." Nosdyn said confidently.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Ser Anya Kinniger
"You have someone that belongs to me.

(Someone that belongs to you huh, . I can run with that.)

The vampiress gave a light chuckle that was both ladylike and strong. “Oh, I had no idea that she was yours, I had assumed you to be friends. Might I recommend shackles or a collar or something alongside those lines if she really does belong to you.”

"Me and you are alone now. What's it going to be will you give me what I seek or will I have to destroy you...or you me." Nosdyn said confidently.

“Oh it won’t come to that just yet. Why destroy you, when I can simply destroy your mind? Good luck enemy of mine, you’ll need it.”

So she disappeared in a cloud of black fog, and the candles lighting the room had gone from orange flame to a ghostly white one. And where the Vampiress had stood was an eighty foot long millipede of human torsos and arms, linked by their spines at the neck to the hips of the next segment, and it had four heads at either end. All of its skin was charred, thin and tight. And what was worse, all of the hand-legs sported claws. It’s eight total heads had no distinguishable faces, and each had impossibly huge mouths with long, stark white needlelike fangs, and a long tentacle like tongue.

It charged.

• Yay
Luck has nothing to do with skill... Nosdyn thought as the fog, the mist, settled in.

Nosdyn was aware the Vampires liked to use their diablerie on potential victims. He was prepared having trained alongside the Lady Anya long and hard. He knew he could not trust his steely eye. So instinctively, he shut it. Having one eye had a benefit, his other senses had grown more acute over time. The mist swirled around Nosdyn, but he took several deep breaths, using a deep concentration technique he had acquired from his extensive martial training.

As he listened, he was attempting to pin point a clue, something, anything he could use. The horrid form of the vampire woman was likely a trick of the mind, but he didn't concern himself with that. His resolve was resolute. He listened, and listened well. His breathing became controlled and slow, his heart beat sounded like thunder in his chest, but always he listened. A few moments into the battle he caught it. There was a subtle sound, as of a thousand tiny footsteps from bare feet. He suspected it was a side effect of her diablerie.

He had to time his counter maneuver exactly right, the Lady Anya's life depending on him being completely exact. He heard laughter in the air, likely from an enemy who thought they had already won. He timed his maneuver with the skill level of a tactician. Armed, Nosdyn was dangerous...unarmed Nosdyn could kill with his bare hands and in all manner of frightening ways.

About ten minutes into the battle, Nosdyn had sustained several injuries but he got her timing exactly down. When that last strike from her clawed hands came in, Nosdyn acted. He caught her hands and in an incredible show of force, he subjugated her. A moment later she was his prisoner, he had her life at his command, her cursed life. "Now, we will discuss our terms. If you give me Anya, you will be spared." Nosdyn said, there was acid in his voice, and he held her with his sword at her neck, he would kill if needed.

About ten minutes into the battle, Nosdyn had sustained several injuries but he got her timing exactly down. When that last strike from her clawed hands came in, Nosdyn acted. He caught her hands and in an incredible show of force, he subjugated her. A moment later she was his prisoner, he had her life at his command, her cursed life. "Now, we will discuss our terms. If you give me Anya, you will be spared." Nosdyn said, there was acid in his voice, and he held her with his sword at her neck, he would kill if needed.

His counterattack was surprising to say the least, her wrist which held her sword having been seized and forced into an armlock that forced her face into the ground and left her completely defenseless. The sword pressed to her throat coupled with the elbow on the back of her neck left her head in a semi-literal chopping block. Her life really was at risk, she stared up at him in shock. Her voice was silent for a moment, too shocked by her quite sudden defeat to speak.

Then she realized the reality of her situation, and responded, “she’s in the dungeons, take her. You said she was your property, take her back.”

Since he didn’t have a guide or a map, he’d have to force her to guide him. The most likely way to do this was to take one of her few belts and bind her arms behind her with it. Then force her to bring him to the dungeons.