Open Chronicles The Golden Demon and The Eternal Crown

A roleplay open for anyone to join
H A M A D A

proxy.php

The desert fortress of Hamada was surrounded by white walls and sat on an oasis. A large winding and worn stone road weaved from the inhospitable dunes into the flourishing marketplace. As Bewa stepped into the city gates, taken aback by the mass of people gathered in the square. He scanned the area and started counting. There were ten heavily armored city guards dispersed around the marketplace and Bewa assumed they were watching for thieves and other troublemakers. He grinned, revealing sharp canines.

I wonder which of them is strongest, he thought. As he continued walking, he noticed people breaking away from him, throwing frightened glances in his direction. He teased them, flashing his golden eyes at them and furrowing his brow. A woman yelped and almost dropped her fruit basket onto the ground. Bewa kept walking until a large gloved hand clasped his shoulder.

"Hey there, boy," a deep muffled voice said. Bewa turned and saw a large man covered in metal from head to toe. The city guard awkwardly folded his arms and looked Bewa up and down. "What's your purpose here?"

"I'm lookin' for somebody strong," he replied. "And from the smell of you, I'm thinkin' you might be it."

Oleg casually strolled down the main street. For someone of his size Oleg was moving with unexpected grace. His movements were almost entirely noiseless, carrying an air of secrecy and an assassin's guile to them. It made him look dangerous, but also eye-catching, the same kind of awe one would feel when faced with a big cat. Proudly and Precisely shifting the weight of his sculpted frame from shoulder to shoulder. Aware of each step he took, constantly immersing his senses in the world around him. Constantly alert, always scanning for his next opportunity.

He came to Hamas in search of entertainment, something that would feed his thirsting spirit and cull the perpetual boredom. This far his findings were...mixed. The place itself had some interesting history. And it was stationed in an exotic, oriental part of the world. Merchants and tinkerers littered the busy streets. Oleg would argue that Hamad was a bit too crowded for his comfort. Paying it a visit proved to be an interesting endeavor. But living here? Out of question. He'd miss his peace and quiet within weeks of time. Plus, he loved being in lush, green woodlands. He couldn't hope to find one in the dozens of kilometers of land that surrounded the fortress. Sand and rock, that is what he could find. Oleg had a degree of appreciation for the shifting dunes, but not nearly enough to change his standing on the matter.

His intent was to leave tomorrow morning. Head back to Elbion and restock on supplies before booking another journey. To where? He didn't know quite yet. Not like it mattered, there were hundreds of places left to visit. He couldn't hope to complete his bucket list in one human lifespan. Thankfully for him, the druj were biologically immortal. Oleg wouldn't age a day past his physical prime. He had plenty of time to do everything, and then some.

The machinations of his wayward mind had taken him far and wide. Oleg didn't expect for anything exciting to happen today. That is until he spotted what seemed to be a scuffle between one of the guards and an unknown civilian. Oleg squinted his emerald colored eyes to see better, the sun was particularly blinding today. Despite his best efforts, Oleg still found it hard to properly make out what was happening. There was only one option left, an option which involved him getting closer to the pair. And so he did. Walking at a swifter pace, Oleg aimed to neutralize the distance as soon as possible.

FantasticMrMac

Last edited:
The guard moved his hand to his sword hilt and Bewa's eyes lit up. Come on, he thought. Put your hand on that blade so I can cut you down and take your armor.

"Is that a threat, boy?" the guard asked as he reached. Once he'd grasped his sword, he pulled it from its sheath and the metal sang loud enough for the marketplace to pause. Bewa grinned and moved his hand to his own sword hilt.

"A challenge!" he replied.

Oleg

Oleg arched his eyebrow up, the skin on his forehead wrinkling. These two were going to....fight? It seemed a little out of the ordinary for guards to engage in altercations with just about anyone. Oleg assumed that it was their duty to guard the fortress and its denizens. Thought, the younger male was annoying the guard. Some harsh words were exchanged.

Oleg didn't have an inkling of a desire to interfere, if these two wanted to kill each other, he might as well let them. With that in mind, he placed a hand on his hip, observing.

FantasticMrMac

Before the guard could fully draw his sword, Bewa's own blade cut deeply into his trapezius. The guard seemed to be frozen from shock. Blood trickled through the mouth slits of his helm and he stumbled back. When he fell, the other city guards flocked in Bewa's direction.

His grin grew wider and his canine teeth grew. This is gettin' really excitin'. He looked up towards the large tower that loomed in the center of the fortress. That was where he was, Bewa was certain of it. I bet this'll get his fuckin' attention...

The guards closed Bewa into a semi-circle, a pointed long spears at him. They were going to push him into the wall and skewer him. At least they'd try.

Oleg

Oleg found himself slightly surprised at how the events unfolded. Why were these two fighting? And why would anyone challenge a random city guard? Oleg wasn't unfamiliar, nor did he hold any degree of adversity to combat. Yet the situation struck him as slightly surreal. He watched as the guard fell, injured but very much alive. The other male was either not very skilled or purposefully aimed for a non-lethal blows. Cutting the trapezoid muscle struck Oleg as oddly specific, if not a little impractical.

Carefully, and with unexpected grace, he made his way to the injured soldier. Looking down, Oleg noticed that the man was clutching his wound furiously in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Oleg took it for granted, the wound wasn't lethal, but people usually found it instinctive to try and mend any bleeding bigger than a finger cut. Oleg crouched besides the man, who gave him a confused look. Reaching into his trusty leather bag, Oleg retrieved a length of white cloth. He usually carried some sort of first aid kit with him. He wasn't a trained doctor, nor did he wield healing magic, but his grasp of human anatomy was good enough to tend to flesh wounds.

Oleg stopped the bleeding by using compression, wrapping the elongated cloth around the man's shoulder and under the armpit. The guard was in too much pain to resist him, and frankly, he wasn't trying to in the first place. Oleg was giving him first and possibly saving him from having to deal with adverse physical effects caused by blood loss. Still, the guard was far too angry and distressed to thank Oleg, he didn't even bother saying anything besides some muffled, disgruntled groans.

Once finished, Oleg stood up. He put both of his large hands around his mouth, forming a triangle. It'd amplify the intensity of his voice. “Oi, what the fuck are you people doing?” Oleg shouted, a question directed to both the city guard and the man they were currently trying to kill. Thankfully Oleg was close enough, at this distance it'd be impossible not to hear him.

Bewa the Half-Breed

The city guards seemed to freeze. Bewa looked past them and saw a massive man shouting at them. Beside him, the guard Bewa had cut through was no longer bleeding and seemed to be doing well. Had the big man healed him?

No, Bewa thought. I didn't cut deep enough. With the guards distracted, Bewa saw an opening. He couldn't let this big oaf keep him from causing as much destruction in Hamada as possible. He has to come out.

Bewa burst forward, ripping his massive sword through the bodies of two guards. The rest quickly tired to get back into formation and attack. One spearhead slid into Bewa's side. He grimaced then grinned, baring his sharp teeth. He pulled the spear further into his body then grabbed the guard by the throat, snapping his neck with a flick of his wrist.

The other guards paused.

Then dropped their weapons and fled.

Bewa broke the spear away from his body and pulled the remaining shaft out of his stomach. "Tell your master that Bewa the Half-Breed is here!" he called. "And I'm not leavin' till we have a little chat."

He then turned his amber gaze to the large man who'd healed the man he cut through and spat blood into the sand. "The hell are you?"

Oleg

The city guards seemed to freeze. Bewa looked past them and saw a massive man shouting at them. Beside him, the guard Bewa had cut through was no longer bleeding and seemed to be doing well. Had the big man healed him?

No, Bewa thought. I didn't cut deep enough. With the guards distracted, Bewa saw an opening. He couldn't let this big oaf keep him from causing as much destruction in Hamada as possible. He has to come out.

Bewa burst forward, ripping his massive sword through the bodies of two guards. The rest quickly tired to get back into formation and attack. One spearhead slid into Bewa's side. He grimaced then grinned, baring his sharp teeth. He pulled the spear further into his body then grabbed the guard by the throat, snapping his neck with a flick of his wrist.

The other guards paused.

Then dropped their weapons and fled.

Bewa broke the spear away from his body and pulled the remaining shaft out of his stomach. "Tell your master that Bewa the Half-Breed is here!" he called. "And I'm not leavin' till we have a little chat."

He then turned his amber gaze to the large man who'd healed the man he cut through and spat blood into the sand. "The hell are you?"

Oleg
Oleg took about a napkin from his leather bag, using the cloth to wipe away as much blood as he could. The substance was starting to coagulate between his fingers, likely due to the effects of high heat. He disliked the sensation. It felt like wet mud, sticky and rancid. Oleg wished he had a bottle of water to wash it down properly. Alas, he had to make due with what was at the current disposal.

His gaze rose to meet the other man. Judging by the lack of instantaneous death caused by impalement, Oleg assumed that the stranger had an advanced healing factor. That, or he was an undead of some sort. Though, the latter struck his as highly improbable. He had seen such abilities at work. His father could sculpt flesh like clay. Oleg never quite got used to it. Flesh grafting made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

Oleg tried his best to muster up a smile, not wanting to look intimidated. The corners of his lips danced and quivered, making them part ways, allowing a little gust of air to escape. Oleg did his best to restrain the laughter building up in the pit of his stomach. He failed miserably at it. Not even seconds passed, and he started laughing, using his clean hand to give Bewa a dismissive wave.

Oleg's laugh was a beautiful thing. Even when he was mocking someone, his laughter was full of warmth and life and invited people in. It meshed well with his messy, laid-back appearance, and made him seem that much more approachable. Any time he laughed, it seemed genuine and sincere.

“The question would be who, not what. Do I look like a monster to you?” Oleg snickered, reaching upwards to trace a hand through his dirty blonde locks. “I hope that you aren't looking to pick a fight with me. I am just a tourist in passing.”

Bewa the Half-Breed

Bewa gave the man a once over. He was very large with bulging muscles and a simple face. He was unarmored and unarmed so fighting him was out of the question. The tenets of Onija-Ogun forbade it and Bewa wouldn't dare defy those laws. No matter how badly his Dahab Ah blood boiled at the thought of a good fight.

Mshindi, give me strength.

"You do actually. But, I don't have interest in fightin' you. Only thing I'm tryin' to fight," Bewa said pointing his sword at the large tower in the center of Hamada. "Lives in there. Attackin' his men should get his attention, then I can fight and kill him."

At least it should.

Bewa knelt in front of the bodies of the guards he killed and said a prayer of thanks to Mshindi for his victory. As he prayed, the stab wound in his stomach closed, sizzling as it healed.

Oleg

Oleg listened carefully. He didn't know what kind of beef the stranger had with this other man. Hell, he barely knew anything about the politics around here. They didn't concern him, and he wasn't going to go out of his way to get immersed in them. But...it did intrigue him. If the stranger was so willing to kill, this other guy must have wronged him quite a bit. At first, Oleg placed a hand on his chin, rubbing it as if he were in deep thought. The reality was a bit different. He was thinking of what to say. He didn't want to fight out here, in public. It could get him in trouble and Oleg didn't enjoy the idea of being kicked out permanently.

Instead of acting hostile, he smiled. A smile that was as wide as his face, threatening to split it in two. It was both cheshire and goofy at the same time. “I commend you on your bravery. It takes a lot of guts to fight multiple opponents at once.” Oleg took notice of the sizzling wound. It reminded him of heat. And heat was something he associated with high metabolism. Whomever this guy was, he either had physiology wildly different from that of a human, or he wasn't human at all. Those were question for later. “That said, you really are going out of your way here. Did the man in question wrong you? I can't imagine anything else that would motivate a person to fight this fiercely.” Oleg reached into his sachet to retrieve a small flask filled with alcohol. Under normal circumstances he'd use it for septic purposes. But the feeling of dried blood on his hands made him increasingly uncomfortable. He popped off the circle and spilled the high percentage alcohol solution all over his hands. Rubbing them tediously until almost no blood remained. Once satisfied, he closed the flask, returning it to his bag.

“Apologies on that. It's easy to catch an infection in these parts of the world. Humidity and heat invite all kinds of nasty stuff, or so I heard at least.” Oleg's eyes widened as a metaphorical lightbulb sparked above his head. He forgot to ask the stranger about his name. He should have done that first. “By the way, what's your name?”

Bewa the Half-Breed

When Bewa had finished his prayer, he got to his feet and stretched. "Doesn't take a lot of guts to fight a bunch of weaklings," he said dismissively. "And you're askin' a lot of questions..." Hungry, Bewa walked to a food stand. The vendor cowered behind his table and Bewa could hear his heart pounding in his chest. He looked over the food and grabbed a bunch of fruits and vegetables then flipped him a few coins. He then went to the butcher, took several of his meat filets, and paid him as well.

Then, he leaned against a wall and shoved the food in his mouth, glaring at everyone that looked at him. His eyes then found the large man. After a swallow, Bewa said, "And no. The one who runs this place hasn't wronged me but he knows the one that did. And," he took another bite of food. "Besides that, I want his armor."

Oleg

“Well tone honest. If you were in my shoes, I am pretty sure you'd be asking me the exact same questions.” He cracked his neck, twisting it to unwind some tension. Oleg looked at the frightened clerk and gave the man an apologetic sight. Strolling over to the man's cart, he peered over. Oleg tried his best to appear friendly, explaining the man that he was safe for the time being. He hated the idea of civilians getting caught up. These people were Street merchants and vendors, the worst they could have done to someone is to give an inflated price. Certainly nothing worthy of physically harming punishment.

“Oh, by the way, I am Oleg, Oleg Orlov.” He had pride in his name. It was very old, of Scandinavian descent. Derived from the word “Helge” it meant “holy” or “blessed”. It was an unusual name for a child to have. It sounded different and some people found it hard to pronounce. But Oleg found pride in his name. It was unique, to him, that was the only thing that mattered.

Still, the whole situation confused him. If this guy was intending to draw someone out, why didn't he rely on more subtle tactics. Oleg shook his head, there wasn't a point in thinking about that. What interested him more was Bewa's species. He couldn't quite make out whether he was an augmented human or a creature which simply resembled a human on surface level. “I noticed your gut healing earlier. Regeneration is an unusual ability, do you rely on some sort of magic to accomplish it, or is it a passive thing?” Before Bewa could properly answer, footsteps could be heard as more guards flooded near the gates. There was a lot of them. Each one wore a combo of riveted chain mail and segmented armor. They couldn't wear a full plate due to heat, it'd cook them alive. Still, they were enough heavily armored to present a threat. Some of them were spitting curved, saber like swords. While others carried pole arms and even two handed axes. Oleg knew that they meant trouble. These guys probably weren't enhanced with magic, but there was still a lot of them. Not to mention, judging from what Oleg saw earlier, they were well coordinated in groups.

Oleg's bushy brow slipped down, creating a semi serious expression. “I think we have company, and I don't think it's a good kind of company.” He stood on the balls of his feet, it'd allow him greater mobility. The thought of running wasn't alien to him, after all, he couldn't possibly take down hundreds of armed men scattered across the fortress, not on his own at least.

Bewa the Half-Breed

Bewa groaned as he stood to his feet, his stomach full and his body back at full strength. The big man sure was talkative and Bewa wondered if he knew as many fighting moves as he did words. The guards cut off every exit from the marketplace and archers perched themselves on the rooftop, their bows drawn and ready to loose. Bewa sighed softly.

"If you wanna make yourself useful, Oleg, then how bout you punch a hole in of these guys." He then addressed the guards who'd surrounded them. "When I told those losers to go tell your master that I was here, it wasn't so he could send more of you fools to die. But, if you're all willin' to die for him, then I'll gladly use your blood as a sacrifice to God!"

He lifted his sword high into the air and grinned widely, his golden eyes glowing and his canines dropping from his mouth. Bewa rushed forward, blocking and parrying blows from the frightened soldiers. He cut through several of them. He heard the first volley of arrows get announced and he fell onto the piles of dead men and used them as cover.

When the arrows had subsided, Bewa leaped forward, scaling the building.

"You fuckin' archers are cowards! Face me like shriveled men you are!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Oleg

• Yay
Reactions: White Swallow
“You ought to be kidding me.” Oleg wasn't here to fight, he came for a vacation. Yet something told him that the advancing men wouldn't stop, whether he pleaded with them or not. Furthermore, he didn't want to openly show his powers, but there wasn't another choice. All that he could do was fight. So he watched, he watched as they closed in on them, steel weapons bared and ready. He had to think fast, cutting through armor would be too much of a hassle. The segmented plate and riveted chain mail wouldn't offer much protection against blunt force trauma tho. That made the gears in his head spin rapidly, he was going to injure these men without breaching their armors.

He quickly transmuted his body, no change was apparent yet, and wouldn't be until it was too late. He was about 5 meters away from the closest guards. Body in a natural, anteroposterior stance, giving his opponent a smaller target. His right hand was near the cheekbone, while the left hand was sticking a bit further, closer to the chin, protecting him from knock out blows. His elbows were in, conserving the energy that would otherwise be spent if the shoulders were supporting the arms. This also allowed for the faster defense of vital organs, as the elbows were closer to the torso. His chin was down, slightly tucked behind his left shoulder. His feet were about shoulder-width apart, providing extra balance and the ability to move in all directions.

Knees were slightly bent, letting him have more spring in his steps. This also facilitated more power and agility. The rear heel was up, so he could push off with the rear foot like a sprinter. This gave him an increase in the ability to rotate for more powerful punches. Not only that, but it also provided for a place to go if he was, at any moment, being pushed back. It's easier for him to fall back and remain stable with the heel up. Since his feet were not close together and his front knee was slightly bent, Oleg could easily shift balance if either of his legs were grabbed, rendering him highly resistant to direct takedowns. And since the heel of his front limb was slightly raised, without too much mass on it, Oleg felt free of lifting it to kick, block or even move forward. The front leg was a glorified whip, flowing like water.

First guards reached them in seconds. Oleg didn't aim to kill them even as the men swung their weapons and tried to stab him with them. To dodge, he flowed like water, moving in ways that should be impossible for the human body to emulate. And in a way, that'd be right. He was capable of easily changing the consistency and shape of this form. He did harden his shins and fists tho, getting struck by them would feel like a hunk of rebar getting dropped on your head.

Since his body flowed like water, Oleg could facilitate rotational power from his feet upwards, creating more torque than what should be humanely possible. Using his body like a whip, he threw a couple quick jabs. The two men he was aiming for were taken off guard, the impacts making their brains rattle within their steel helmets. Oleg didn't penetrate the helmet, but the concussive force transferred was enough to bounce the brain against the inside of the skull, causing a blackout to occur.

Bewa the Half-Breed

• Yay
Reactions: White Swallow
Travel in the desert was like sailing through the sea.
Islands of seemingly hospitable land divided by large swaths of emptiness. One couldn't be as picky where they rested, where they slept and where they drank.
Yet bad and good company hid behind every dune. Such was life.

On black camels, as striking as onyx with fur that glistened brilliantly blue, a pair of seeming noncombatants arrived before the alabastrine walls, which gates were closing.

One of them, he who wore green robes peered to his contemporary.
»My dear friend, it seems we are too late.« A disturbance was clear in the view from behind the wall. Archers perched on walls? Must have been something going awry in here on the streets.
The white swallow led the camel closer, whispering in a sigh. »Disappointing, nevertheless expected in a land as turbulent as this.«

A guard hollered at them. »Stop staring like calves. Leave, begone.«
»Dare you deny entry to diplomats of Amir Farid Ibn Baha?« Hollered the friend, displaying a well-forged seal, perhaps the best forgery in the whole land. The pair was clear on trying to hide their ties with the Shtakmat state.

The guard grumbled, looking over at an officer who seemed equally convinced once he set eyes upon the document.
»I'll escort you to the eastern gate.«

Bewa finished the last of the archers, clearing the gap between the buildings and splitting one of them in twain. Several wounds were healing at once, burning through his energy reserves. He was getting hungry again.

There's food all around you, a dark voice that wasn't his own whispered in his head. Fresh, human flesh. Brains, organs, fuel...

"Shut the hell up," Bewa murmured to himself. He looked down and watched Oleg avoiding the guards as they swung at him. His movements were amazingly fluid and he hit like an inamba (dragon) cat. It was pretty impressive and it made Bewa grin. So, his hands are the weapons? Interesting.

While Oleg distracted the men, Bewa jumped down and grabbed more food from the stand. He didn't care if it was covered in sand or not. He ate everything he could. Meat, potatoes, and vegetables until he was full again. His wounds closed quickly now and he stretched until his shoulder popped.

How much longer would it be now before he showed his face? Maybe, he'd just have to call him in a language that he understood clearly...

Bewa closed his eyes and he could feel his blood begin to boil, the Dahab Ah demon suppressing his human instincts and appearance. It'd only be brief, but he had to let him know that he was here.

When he opened his eyes, his skin had darkened to a matte black and his hair changed to flowing golden. Bewa opened his mouth and let out a piercing, guttural scream.

"Uze nawa zura gawe ni, kuneta! Fi oju ré han! (Bring yourself to me, exile! Show your face!)"

When he'd finished his call, he forced his demon blood back under submission and reverted to his human form, panting as he did.

The tower where Bewa suspected he was holed up in shot out a golden light and the top of the cylinder begin to fall away. A massive golden hand reached through and Bewa grimaced. "I guess that did the trick..."

Oleg
White Swallow

Oleg really didn't want to kill these guys, for a multitude of reasons. The First one obviously being the possibility that he could be accused of mass murder. As such, he'd draw too much attention to himself and it'd hinder his traveling. Plus, these guys probably had families, wives and children to feed. Oleg couldn't look himself in the mirror again if he were to leave a trail of widows and orphans in his wake. But it was getting harder and harder to deal with all of them. The enemy was numerous, Oleg did his best not to get encircled. If he got closed off, they'd dogpile him, and he would be in some serious trouble.

He had to act fast as one man grabbed him, Oleg was too preoccupied with what was before him to pay attention to his peripheral vision. The guard blindsided him, grabbing hold of his furred vest and trying to push him to the ground. Oleg wouldn't relent so easily. Squatting down, he anchored his center of mass closer to the ground, that way the attacker couldn't topple him. He also placed his body in front of the attacker, using the man as a living shield and discouraging his comrades from attacking, least they risked slaying their own ally.

The guard started pushing forward, Oleg let him, he let him lean into his body, then he went rigid. Stepping forward with his right foot to a point in between the opponent's feet, pulling him downward and toward his right. The throw worked so well because he caught his opponent just as he was stepping forward with his right foot. Strength and size mattered little here. For example. To make a stationary column fall you pull or push high up, as far as possible from the pivot. The higher up you apply the force, and the lower down the pivot, the less force you need to use.

In this case, the ground was the pivot. Oleg used his legs and hip to prevent the guard from moving either of his feet. Oleg's hip didn't allow the man to bend his knee and exert any force, making him relatively easy to throw. In one swift motion, Oleg spun his opponent through the air. But instead of slamming him to the ground, he let go of the chain mail mid-throw. Instead of hitting the ground and dying, the guard whistled through the air like a man-sized projectile, crashing into his allies with a deafening roar of steel meeting steel at high speeds. They toppled over, scrambling to their feet, grabbing their weapons only to flee. They weren't getting paid enough to deal with these situations. Which was fortunate for Oleg, who was getting exhausted at this point, his finite reserves of energy diminishing. Had the fight carried on for a few more minutes, he'd probably have to scram out of the messy situation.

He shook his head, feeling the salty beads of sweat crawling down his temple like ethereal snails. Oleg couldn't see where Bewa went, tho the trail of destruction seemed like an easy indication. He chose to follow it, hopping over the chunks of a broken building that descended to the ground moments ago. This whole situation was getting carried way too far.

Bewa the Half-Breed

The escort was not long, and as soon as they entered the city through another opulent gate; sending farewell to the inhospitable desert behind, the sense of safety was soon discovered to be merely an elaborate illusion.

Some minute after meandering the streets, a crash and shriek of brightness startled all down to the bone.
The highest piece in the town, the tower itself crumbled in a display of light.

The camels craned their neck, stepping nervously aside before going with the flow of the flocking crows to a more open market, their hands pointing up.
To the two, what a sight it was. A golden hand stretching out. It was no hand of a mortal for sure. And some people in the back cried of seeing a demon.

With a sigh, the friend proclaimed »this is a bad day to visit this locale.«
»You don't say, I don't believe it is worthwhile to stay here anymore, « the White Swallow turned his camel around, looking back at the tower to see what followed next.

Bewa the Half-Breed Oleg

The demon's body rose from the top of the tower, a massive body that was larger than any of the surrounding buildings. Gold wings unfolded from his back, casting a shadow over the city. He was dappled in black, gold, and white. His shriek shook the ground beneath Bewa.

But the half-blood wasn't afraid.

Dahab Ah demons could grow to extraordinary heights but from what he knew, this was more for intimidation rather a show of their actual power. If he was doing all of this to try to scare Bewa, then it meant he was scared himself.

Hamada's Commander grabbed a handful of building chunks, crushed them in his hand and tossed them.

Bewa's grin widened. "Let's fuckin' go!"

Oleg
White Swallow

Last edited:
Oleg looked up to see a shining, winged creature rising from the tower, it blinded him for just a second. Creating a makeshift shade with his hand over his forehead, he squinted. It was big, it was winged, and it was ugly, Oleg wanted nothing to do with it at the moment, or anytime for that matter. He started searching across the street pavement, trying to find his leather bag which he dropped moments ago. Oleg found it under a layer of dust and dirt, thankfully undamaged, with none of the filth getting inside its tight seal.

He opened it and looked inside, sighing in relief when seeing that nothing was lost. His supplies weren't exactly cheap, and he'd have hated it if they got damaged by some demonic chuckle fuck. If that were to happen, buying new ones would be his top priority. Oleg would have to deprive himself of valuable traveling time while doing so.

Nonetheless, he didn't bother wailing over something that could have happened but didn't. He was just happy to be uninjured, feeling a pang of pride in his chest when remembering that he didn't kill anyone. Both because it showed his skills at manipulating the flow of combat, and due to the fact that he didn't soil his hands.

Oleg started moving away from the rubble and closer to the town square. There he noticed a camel, and the man riding it. This stranger looked less unusual than the other one. For a moment Oleg wondered if he was another member of the guard. He quickly slapped away that thought. If the man was from the guard, he'd be helping his wounded friends right now. Being almost sure that the man meant no danger, Oleg waved at him, shouting from a couple dozen meters away.

White Swallow
Bewa the Half-Breed

Bewa weaved through the falling debris, allowing his Dahab Ah nature to seep through slightly as he rushed to meet Hamada's Commander. The large Dahab-Ah roared down at him, speaking in their shared tongue.

"Half-blood scum! Forgotten seed! You dare challenge me here! I will crush you underfoot!"

He lifted a large foot, uprooting the mudstone buildings beneath him and started to step down. Bewa grit his teeth, growing longer under his rising adrenaline. His skin turned black and gold again as instinct took over. he set Hakori down at his side, preparing for the right moment.

Before the Commander's foot touched the ground, Bewa leaped upward, swinging his sword as hard as he could. Five toes the size of large horses rained down on the fortress and blood sprayed over the building tops. The Commander's foot was left dangling but a few bloody tendons and the massive demon started to fall forward, collapsing near the gate.

Bewa's appearance reverted back to human, his body aching from his intense hunger. The Commander's shadow was over him and Bewa didn't have the strength to get out of the way. Instead, he held up his sword and smiled weakly. "Timber."

Oleg
White Swallow

Oleg
Bewa the Half-Breed

The sight would have been quite a spectacle up front, but those seats were major places for disaster. So much the people knew, as they began running back to find some figment of safety among the splattering of demon blood.
Oh how the large fall. With a massive thump!
Was this some kind of game?
The black camels of his and the son of Adil seemed stuck in the ever-moving sea of rushing people. While some willingly stayed to observe, most rushed to safety, far away from the main gate.
The white swallow had no such luxury of choice.
They'd stay for the show!

Oleg felt that perhaps, fucking out of here wasn't such a bad idea. He felt no inclination towards the idea of joining the fight and possibly having a whole building fall onto his head. And while he could theoretically survive that, the prospect of having to dig his way through several tons worth of rubble didn't strike him as very appealing. So he did what any smart man would do in his situation, he ran straight toward the camel riding man, waving to catch his attention. At first, Oleg wondered if the stranger had anything to do with the local guard, quickly dismissing that thought once he noticed the stranger not joining to help. His next assumption was that the figure of unknown gender must have been neutral, or even a traveler like him.

Once within their earshot, he slowed down, turning his half-hearted sprint into a moderate walking pace. Oleg could feel the hot desert air burning at his lungs, turning his throat dryer than local sand. Without thinking, he reached into his bag to retrieve a water bottle. Drinking cold water in this heat felt like the greatest luxury on earth. His fingers slid against the condensation, barely maintaining their grip as Oleg chugged away. Feeling the chill run down his esophagus and his head making an involuntary shake. A numbness crept into his brain the way it did when he was a kid drinking too much Slurpee too fast. When the bottle was drained he took the ice between his molars and bit hard, feeling it melt into cold pools on his palate.

Once finished, Oleg wiped his mouth dry with his forearm, staring directly at the rider. "Do you know what's going on in here? It's quite the clusterfuck as far as I can tell."

White Swallow
Bewa the Half-Breed

Holding his sword above his head was the only thing that'd saved Bewa from being crushed. The sword cut a hole through the Commander's chest cavity and while Bewa was covered in ink-black blood, had a few broken bones and lacerations, he was alive and able to push through. He stood on top of the Commander's body and panted heavily.

His eyes were twitching and every breath was pained. I know cuttin' his foot and makin' him fall wasn't enough to kill him. No, he's still alive. So, what's next...?

Underneath him, the demon's body began to shake and convulse. He saw a pair of eyes open on the skin, followed by a head and arms pushing through. Bewa stepped backward and felt another hand grab his ankle. He turned around and saw another creature snarling at him. More and more demons began to sprout from the Commander's body, until they numbered in the hundreds.

The winged creatures quickly descended on him and Bewa barely had the strength to swing his sword let alone enough to kill all of them. He screamed and roared at the top of his lungs and the demons tore away at him.

The Commander floated above him with his arms crossed, a fanged smirk as he opened his hands. "Foolish half-blood. Your fate is to be mere slop to my minions. That is all your filthy blood is worth." The demons ripped away at Bewa's chest and legs, digging their teeth into his stomach. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't move. He couldn't think but one thought.

No.

A black and gold aura burst from his body, blowing away the demons that were on him. The aura stretched hundreds of feet into the air and within the cylinder, there was Bewa.

Oleg
White Swallow