Private Tales The Newlywed Game

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Kieran Harrovian

- -
Somewhere off the shore of the Crobhear Lake.
Harrovian Manor.

Kieran had done some pretty terrible things in his life.

Buying and marring the beautiful human, Brie (new surname Harrovian), was probably up towards the top of the list. Was he ashamed? No. Regretful? Hell no. Entertained? Immensely. She was livid about the whole situation and he thought she was adorable when she was mad. They had known each other for a whole two days before the ridiculously grand wedding was thrown in their honor.

Lord Kieran Harrovian had taken a wife. Finally. Apparently that was a big deal.

Everyone loved Lord Harrovian...except his wife.

"Brie, my darling, you must be exhausted after all the mingling, dancing, and drinking." The wedding had ended a short while ago with the majority of the guests leaving this manor. Some of his friends were staying. He had to remind them that Brie and his staff were not food. See? He was such a good husband.

"Would you like some wine before you go to bed? Perhaps we could talk and get to know each other more." He knew her answer to the second would be a no. She had been obstinate since her parents had sold her at an exorbitant price.

Of course...his sweet Brie had no idea what her new husband was.

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Polina
She hated him.

His smug little smirk. The way his eyes danced with mirth whenever she was angry. And there was something...predatory about his gaze. Gods and this dress was ridiculous. It probably cost as much as he paid off her parents. And she had about a thousand pins in her hair, holding up the silky locks so their tips just brushed the base of her long neck.

She should be happy. This was many a noble woman's dream. Marry a high-standing lord. And one so handsome as Lord Harrovian. At least that's what her mother had reminded her of the days that lead up to the wedding.

Brie still couldn't believe they'd just...handed her over.

One green and one blue eye narrowed on her new husband. She did nothing to hide how she was feeling. The few moments they'd spent together prior to the wedding, she'd tried to convince him to walk away. That he would be happier finding a different wife elsewhere. And much to her dismay and horror, he'd only responded by moving up the wedding date.

"No."

And what the hell were with his friends? They just kept...staring at her. And they gave her the creeps. Hiking up her dress, she kicked off her offending heels. "I would like to retire on my own. I'm sure you would like to stay up and entertain your friends." With her head held high and the material of her dress pulled up and held in her hands so she wouldn't trip, she would begin wandering toward the grand staircase with full intentions of finding any room that had a bed to sleep in for the night.

• Smug
Reactions: Kieran Harrovian
Kieran just smiled smugly at Brie. Her fire was intoxicating. He wanted to tame her and let her run wide at the same time. She was like nothing else he had experienced before. Most women gladly threw themselves at him and she actively tried to avoid him. Intoxicating.

"Oh no, my dear Brie, it is our wedding night. My friends know what that means," he said as he moved to stand in front of her. He touched her cheek tenderly and looked like he was about to bend down to kiss her before he pulled away with a smirk.

"There is only one room for you and it is mine," he took her hand then and started to lead her up the staircase.

• Cthulhoo rage
She thought she heard a snicker from behind them as Kieran spoke about their wedding night. But there was no way they could hear. Right?

She stiffened as he touched her cheek and for a moment, she saw a flash of blond hair and the smell of hay filled her nostrils. But when she blinked it was gone. Without thinking about it, one of her hands had curled into a fist at her side, ready to smack him if those lips made their way to her own.

Luckily for him, he pulled back.

As quickly as he took her hand, she'd try to pull it free from his grasp. "Do I look like a damsel in distress? I am perfectly capable of walking up the stairs on my own." A hiss toward his ear and that smug smirk of his. But she couldn't quite stop the extra stutter of fear in her heartbeat.

He expected her to share his room right away?

Her mouth went dry. "I've been told I'm an awful snorer." A complete lie. "And a bed hog. I kick and turn all night." Another lie. Kind of. She probably did sleep restlessly most nights. So her sister had told her.

"Do you think sharing a room is wise, my Lord?" The last two words were said with such derision, they could make flowers wilt.

• Smug
"I do not plan on sleeping, Brie," Kieran looked back at her with his lopsided smirk. "Let's go then," he dropped her hand and mockingly bowed to her with one hand sweeping up the staircase. "It's the last door on the hall."

He swore she took the stairs excruciatingly slow to drive him insane. Her walk down the hall was equally as slow. She was determined to make him murder her. No, he wasn't going to make her dinner...not yet. There was so much amusement to be had still.

Once they had finally made it to his room, he closed (and locked) the door behind them. The room was huge with giant four poster bed, wardrobe, a cabinet with decanters and glasses on top of it, a glowing fireplace, two big comfy chair, a small table, a rug, and a huge cushion in the corner. Brie had not met Oberon yet so she might find it strange. The colors of his room were a mixture of burgundy, gold, and black. Dark and elegant...like himself.

On the bed was a lace black jumpsuit that would fit her perfectly. If he had learned nothing else over his many years of being alive, he had learned how to size up women for adorable or sexy outfits. She would hate him...more than she already did.

"Put it on," Kieran commanded before going to the cabinet, pulling out a bottle of whiskey and pouring some over the ice in a glass. His staff had just brought the ice up. He then leisurely glided over to one of the chairs and sat down in it. "Or go naked...I am fine with either..."

• Cthulhoo rage
Bi-colored eyes watched him. Watched where he put the..did he just?

Lock. The. Door.

Her palms instantly became clammy. And she wished she had her sword from back home. Head swiveled, taking in HIS room. Then the bed. Then him. Then the thing on the bed. Then him.

Arms crossed beneath her chest, shifting against the ornate fabric of the wedding dress that clung to her body. Her body posture said it all. No. Hell no.

“Where are the clothes that I came with?”

• Smug
Kieran took a sip of his whiskey and leaned back in the chair. He seemed to ponder her question for a moment before he snapped his fingers like he had remembered something important. "Ahhh yes...I burned them," his smirk was sly and vicious. "Don't worry, I have some beautiful clothes for you. Much better than the others."

Kieran knew he was an asshole. He was fully aware of the fact. He had brought many women home over the years but he got so bored so quickly. They wanted him, they wanted to be here. It took the fun out of it. The game was gone after so many years. It was boring.

Not with Brie. Brie...she was a hunt. She was angry and beautiful and didn't want him. It made him want her even more. One day she would relent. She would give in and be his but until then...he was going to have fun.

"I would appreciate it if my wife did what was requested of her now." His voice was silky as he brought the glass to his lips for another drink.

• Cthulhoo rage
He…what?!

Her right eyebrow twitched. Jaw clenched as shock then pure fury swept across her face. She wanted nothing more than to slap that smirk right off his pretty face. And she had to wonder what kind of man he was. She didn’t want him anywhere near her. She didn’t want him to touch her.

Perhaps she should play his little game if only to keep him from laying his hands on her. And if he did? She’d kill him.

“You will regret this,” she snarled lowly. Her. Brie Wurthington now Harrovian. Actually snarled. Her mother would be appalled and that thought almost made her smile. Almost.

Plucking up the lacy thing in disgust and gathering her dress up, she stormed to the en-suite and slammed the door shut. But there was no lock.

Shit.

Her back leaned against the door, eyes darting around for something she could use as a weapon. She didn't think a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo would cut it, though. With a huff, she’d begin to take the pins out of her hair. Slowly.

She’d make him wait for this and take her damn sweet time.

• Smug
Unfortunately for Brie, Kieran had the patience of a saint. It was the only thing he had that went anywhere near sainthood. His ability to wait. And wait. And wait. Perks of being dead and what not. He sipped his whiskey, got up, poured more into his glass, walked around the room some, and seated himself back down to wait for her emergence.

He was one hundred precept positive that she was going to kill him in his sleep. That was one thing he hadn't thought about when he bought a human wife. He did not need sleep at night, she did. He slept during the day, she didn't. Logistics. He was going to have to figure that shit out soon.

For now though...he waited with the self satisfied grin on his face.

• Cthulhoo rage
She nearly fell asleep against the door by the time she was done. She had a venerable mountain of clips on the tile floor next to her. Long, curly locks flowed freely down her shoulders now. Covering up some of her important bits that the ridiculous jumper certainly didn't conceal. The thing she now had on. The wedding dress was off, taking up one giant corner of the ensuite. By the massive tub. It was a good thing this bathroom was so big or the dress might not have fit. She'd thought about leaving it on. But she'd hated the dress and jumper almost equally. At least she could move more freely in the jumper. Fight or run if she needed to.

Knowing that he would probably come knocking soon, she made herself stand. Made herself twist the knob of the door and open it. Chin remained upward. Shoulders stiff as she exited. Exiting on her own damn terms.

She was tired. And grumpy. And a little bit scared.

"Glad to see you're still awake, dear husband," every word dripped with derision. Her feet would quickly take her to the bed where she'd pluck away a pillow and hug it over her front.

• Smug
Brie finally stepped out of the washroom and Kieran stared at her with his mouth agape. She was radiant and the jumped did exactly what he wanted. It should off his purchase perfectly. Her long curls flowed over her shoulders and covered up the parts he really wanted to see. He didn't say anything though. He just watched her grab the pillow with a sly smile.

Kieran say the glass down and moved so quickly that he had backed her against the wall before she had even gotten the pillow its rightful spot. He raised his right hand and push some of her curls behind her ear. His other hand held him up from the wall and created a barrier so she couldn't just step to the side.

"That looks even better on you than the dress did. I think I prefer this simpler look. You are so very beautiful." The last sentence was whispered into her ear. Kieran kissed her on the cheek as he pulled back. "I would beg you to marry me if...well...you weren't already mine..."

• Cthulhoo rage
Eyes flared as she had to bite back a yelp as he moved. He was so fast. She hadn't seen anything move like this since the time she'd seen the wolf in the back pasture.

Her back pressed against the wall, wishing she could melt into it.

His whisper caressed her skin and sent shivers down her spine. Not the good kind of shivers. Her grip tightened on the pillow she still gripped at her side. The fingers of her other hand curled into a fist at her side.

"Maybe yours in name but nothing more," she seethed unsure if she'd be able to hold herself back anymore. "Do. Not. Touch. Me." She could tell he was used to getting whatever his little heart desired. He was a Lord, afterall. He had the looks. It was time he met someone that wouldn't give in to his playboy-spoiled attitude.

• Smug
"You are mine in every way, Brie Harrovian. I could take what I want right now if I saw fit but what fun is that..." Kieran traced the line of her jaw with his finger before tilting her chin up to look at him.

Kieran was a bastard, a murderer, and an all around terrible former mortal but he had never taken a woman by force and he never would. Brie would give in eventually. He would just play with her mind until then.

"Get in bed, go to sleep. I know you are tired." He kissed her gently on her forehead before turning to return to his chair and his whiskey. It would drive her insane that she had no clue what he was going to do next.

• Cthulhoo rage
She thought about biting that finger that traced her jaw but didn't get a chance. As he turned he would feel a sudden THWACK against the back of his head and shoulders. The pillow was rather violently thrown at the Lord. Chest heaved and both hands curled into fists at her sides.

"I hate you." It wasn't yelled. It was spoken low and dangerous. Like an open threat.

A promise that more than pillows would come his way.

With a lingering glare, she would slip into bed, pulling the sheets up around her. And even though every instinct told her not to turn her back to him, like she was turning her back on a predator, she did as she curled up on her side, clutching the sheets and comforter around herself. She forced herself to close her eyes, taking a small steadying breath.

Because even though she hated to admit it, he was right in one thing. She was tired. Her feet ached. Everything ached. In one day she'd lost all she'd known. Her home. Her family. And her independence.

• Smug
A low rumble of laughter came from Kieran when the pillow hit his back. He turned his head to look over his shoulder at her and just smirked. He didn't need to say anything to her words.

He sat back in his chair and watched Brie until she fell asleep. He did not touch her as he left the room even though he really wanted to. She looked so peaceful in sleep.

He had made a plan to be gone during the days and home a bit before the sun went down. He could make this work. His friends had departed during the night and the manor was not empty except for his attendants.

When Brie woke up the next morning, she would find a note resting on the table as well as a pair of soft black pants, an olive green long sleeve shirt, and black boots. He had figured out quickly that she did not like dresses.

The note read:

My dearest Brie,

You will find that most days will be yours. I have work to do that usually takes me away from the manor. Seralynn will be your ladies maid and she will help you with whatever you need. I hope these clothes are acceptable.

Have a good day. Also, if you try to leave the property, you will be shot.

Forever yours,
Kieran

Once he had deposited the letter and clothing, he got some things done and then tucked himself into bed in one of the guest rooms. The door was locked behind him so Brie would not find him sleeping in the middle of the day.

• Cthulhoo rage
She expected to find Kieran next to her when she woke. Perhaps a possessive hand on her. But the bed was empty. It should make her pleasantly relaxed but it made her more on edge. Slipping free from the bed, she snatched up his note and quickly read it.

Bi-colored eyes flickered to the clothing in surprise.

It wasn't one of the dresses her mother or father often made her wear. It was something she could actually see herself wanting to wear.

What the hell was going on here?

Grabbing the clothes, she disappeared into the bathroom, washing and changing quickly. Fingers smoothed and braided her hair as best she could. It always remained a little wild. She found herself at the door to the room and tried the handle.

It opened.

More surprise. There was a stout, older looking woman who greeted her in the hall. The maid.

"Oh good morning, Miss. I did not expect you up this early. Would you like me to show you to the kitchens for breakfast?"

Brie forced a smile. No reason to be rude to staff. She'd always been close with the ones her parents kept at home. Maybe a little too close to the stable boy...

"Seralynn, right?" The older woman nodded. "You can call me Brie. It's nice to meet you. So, how long have you been serving Lord Harrovian?"

• Smug
"I have been with the Harrovian family since I was a young girl," Seralynn answered. All of Kieran's employees were paid very well to keep his secret. Seralynn was one of his best and he trusted her with his life. She ran the household and now she would care for Brie on top of everything else. "Come now," she said as she started to lead Brie to the kitchens.

"What are your hobbies? Lord Harrovian asked that I get you whatever you would like to make your life more comfortable."

Once they had reached the kitchens, there was a large assortment of sweet pastries for her choosing.

"He will grow on you, Lady Brie. He is," Seralynn paused and thought about the right words. "He is a bit rough around the edges, but he is a good boy."

Dark brows arched on tanned skin. "I'm surprised he would care to know," she finally said, reaching for a pastry that looked like it had some sort of caramelized apple filling in the center. After last night she didn't think he wanted her to be comfortable at all. Then again?

Eyes drifted down to the clothes she wore now.

No, no. She would not become curious about him. He was throwing her off. She had to get out of here. He'd written that she'd be shot but maybe...maybe he was lying just to scare her. That prick.

She took a small bite of pastry and swallowed. "Don't bother yourself with anything for right now." She didn't see herself staying much longer if she could help it. "However. I do like to ride. Would that be...possible?" It would help to get her bearings. See what she had to work with here. See how far she could get.

And she nearly choked on her second bite of pastry as the maid said he was a good boy. Maybe you wouldn't think that if you knew what he made me wear last night. She kept her expression neutral and the thought unspoken.

"And how about a tour of the estate or am I free to poke around on my own? I wouldn't want to inconvenience you." That and she didn't want another set of eyes on her to report everything she did back to the Lord.

• Smug
"Of course," Seralynn said in response to her being able to ride. "I will have the stable master get one of the horses ready for you." The house manager was practically flitting around the kitchen cleaning things up and writing notes.

"You are free to explore where ever you would like, Lady Brie. The Lord has locked the doors that are off limits. As far as riding, the property is surrounded by a creek. That is as far as you can go. Do not mistake this act of kindness, he will have you shot if you cross that creek."

Seralynn's voice was hard and you could tell that she was completely serious. This was the final warning her new Lady would get on the matter.

• Cthulhoo rage
She put the pastry down and looked at Seralynn curiously. The kitchen cook had left a cup of tea next to her which she gratefully took a sip of, blowing lightly on the surface, first. The tone was evident to Brie. But she wanted the older woman to say it.

"Why? Why doesn't he want me to leave the property?"

Brie knew. And Brie knew that Seralynn knew. Because no matter how nice it was on the inside. Or how many luxuries she may have. A cage was a cage was a cage.

Once the older woman gave her response, Brie would take her cup of tea and excuse herself, exploring the inside of the manor. Trying her hand at all the doors, even coming to jiggle the locked door where she didn't know Kieran slept. Bootsteps would carry her on down the halls and up all the stairs. She found a conservatory at the very top. A few libraries that she promised herself she'd come to explore later. A few offices and meeting places, sitting rooms, a ballroom, lounges galore, and a greenhouse.

Besides the libraries, she'd go back and explore the greenhouse but for now her feet carried her toward the stables. The sun was already high in the sky. She'd missed lunch and knew she was approaching on late afternoon.

• Smug
The stable master was an attractive young man who had gotten a beautiful sorrel mare ready for the new Lady Harrovian. He did not speak as he led the mare out of the stable for her. He smiled at Brie as he handed her the reigns. "Her name is Annabelle and she is yours now."

He was not one of many words. In fact, he didn't even introduce himself to her. He did not have high hopes for her long term survival just from the rumors that had spread around the staff.

"Do not go past the creek," he reminded her and walked back into the stable. If she survived the week, he would tell her his name and be nicer.

• Cthulhoo rage
Her eyes followed the stable master's back as he left. She didn't like that his eyes reminded her of someone. For a moment, her hand fell to her stomach. Fingers spread and she closed her eyes, clenching her jaw. Hand tightened around Annabelle's reins.

Eyes opened and her hand lifted, smoothing down Annabelle's neck.

"Annabelle is a beautiful name," she whispered to the horse, digging out an apple slice she'd swiped from the kitchen and offering it up. "I think I would've liked that name for her." Giving one last affectionate brush, she mounted up. It was clear that Brie was no stranger around horses. And she had a natural grace and fluidity around the animals.

"Alright girl, let's go on an adventure. I promise to take care of you if you take care of me. Okay?" The horse tossed its head and began forward. Soon they broke into a gallop and rode along the edge of the field, disappearing into a trail in the woods.

Brie would not cross the creek but that didn't mean she wouldn't get very, very close to it. She wanted to scout it out. How could this man possible have the entire perimeter covered by archers? Or were there set traps? She wondered and she intended to find out.

• Smug
Kieran had woken up while the sun was still in the sky and Brie was still off riding. He took advantage of her being out of the house to get some vampire things done. One of the areas that was off limits to Brie was his basement cellar. He liked to keep fresh blood down there. Fresh from the source. He always had at least three humans locked up down there. Seralynn kept them feed and they kept Kieran fed.

If Brie found this basement before he allowed it then he would have to kill her. There was no other choice. He would then have to kill her family because they would notice that their sweet daughter had disappeared. So much killing all because his wife was a snoop.

This was confirmed by Seralynn. His dear wife had explored the entire estate and opened every unlocked door. He knew she would, of course. When the cats away, the mice will play.

Kieran sat on the plush dark dray couch in one of the living rooms with a glass of blood deep red wine. The head of Oberon, his very large wolfhound, sat on his lap as he scratched the dog behind his ears and drank his dinner.

Seralynn came into the room with a frown, "she is approaching the creek on the North side, my lord." She said with a bow.

"Hmmmm...send Rodolpho to make sure she knows the taste of an arrow if she crosses." Rodolpho, a shapeshifter, would fly to where she was before shifting and waiting in a tree for her to cross. Rodolpho was Kieran's spymaster and guard dog.

• Cthulhoo rage
Her head remained on a swivel. Searching the trees along the creek. She didn’t see anything. And she was tempted to cross. To get out of this twisted place with its strange people. She heard the groan of a branch and her neck craned. She didn’t see anything.

“You’re being paranoid,” she whispered to herself.

And why her?

She asked herself that question for the umpteenth time since Kieran showed up at their manor. Why had he chosen her? She was sure he could’ve gotten any lady, probably for a far lesser price. Probably one more than willing to play his little games and prance around naked for him.

Dismounting from Annabelle, she took off the saddlebag. Offering the horse another bite of apple, she slung the bag over one shoulder. Pointing behind them, back the way they’d come, she commanded the horse to go back home. The horse shook its head and seemed to give her a look before trotting back down the trail.

Seemingly alone, she moved off the trail and further into the woods, keeping the creek on her left. She wouldn’t cross it. But she had no intentions of returning to the manor tonight, either. If he wanted her, then let him come get her. She intended to push the boundaries of ‘freedom’ she’d been given with the small ration of food she swiped and the blanket in the bag.

• Smug
It was well past dark when Seralynn returned again. She looked irritated and Kieran just smiled at her. "Are you going to go bring her back in, Kier?"

Kieran rolled his dark eyes at her use of her nickname for him. She was the only one who used it and survived. "Of course, I am. After she learns whatever lesson she is trying to teach me will not work. Another hour or so..." With that Seralynn left and Kieran returned to his wine.

Oberon just stared at him with his brown eyes and he threw a look at the hound, "don't start. Fuck. Do you and Seralynn conspire against me?"

Kieran finished his glass of wine and it was not long before the two of them were off. Kieran shifted to his wolf form and they ran together. This was one of his favorite things to do with his beloved dog.

The two eventually came across the shivering, sleeping Brie. Kieran shifted back and walked over slowly. Her picked her up bridal style, blanket and all, and started to walk back towards his manor. Oberon walked beside him with that all knowing dog look and wagging tail.

• Cthulhoo rage