Dreadlords Zeph's super mega awesome funtime party extro... extrava... shindig!

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group

Thraah

Fire Kitten
Character Biography
Link
Once again Thraah was stalking the silent hallways of the Academy.
Her purpose was simple.
Slipping invites.
They were simple pieces of folded paper.
Most said:
Party at the old chapel tomorrow night.
BE THERE!

But some were more personalised.
Houri got one that said:
There's chocolate cake in the old chapel tomorrow night.
Bring Gladys!

To Liv it said:
Party at the old chapel tomorrow night.
You may bring ONE of your bazillion boyfriends!

To Kor:
Hey Snubs.
Zeph is having a party tomorrow night at the old chapel.
DON'T FUCKING GHOST ON HER!

Larkin got:
Who even are you? Whatever.
She CLAIMS you're a friend, I think she made you up to sound cool. Prove me wrong or she is never living it down.

Kristen received:
Hey Kris.
Mad sesh over at the old chapel tomorrow night.
It's gonna be legit!
See you there.
(A crude drawing of hands clasped is in the corner of the note)

Zin received:
Party, tomorrow night at the old chapel.
Don't be late.

Vicky got:
Hey there good time girl.
Throwing a bash at the old chapel tomorrow night.
Would love to see you at it.

Zaire got:
Hey dude.
Wanna come up to the old chapel tomorrow night?
A certain SOMEONE will be there!
(A smiley face with high eyebrows is drawn in the corner)

Silas received:
Party at the old chapel vibro-boy.
Try not to give too many people piggy backs.
(A Winky face is at the bottom of the page)

Ivan got:
Party tomorrow night, old chapel.
NO URAHILS ALLOWED!

Maz received:
Hi Maz,
Listen I'm throwing a party for Zeph tomorrow night. I'd like to see you there if you can make it. I know how busy you are so no pressure but I hope you can come out and enjoy yourself a bit.
Thraah.

Leander got:
You stink!

Thraah skipped all classes that day to prepare.
She painstakingly cobbled together a makeshift oven from scrap and made a monstrous chocolate cake with lashings of chocolate on top.
The "Happy Birthday Zeph" message was lost in the sauce... literally melting to illegible sludge.
She had kinda fixed the main candelabra and had given it the chunkiest candles she could scrounge.
The floor was swept, three times.
She dug a fire pit out the back and even caught some night lighters to put in jars of coloured glass for extra light which she hung from the old trees nearby (holes punched in the lids of course).
The small graveyard was too overgrown to use but she did her best to toast them into compliance.

By the end there were three mingling areas.
The chapel ruin, the wooded back entrance and the forgotten graveyard.

By the end she was exhausted but at least the food and drinks (more treats stolen from the kitchens)
we're there on a few boards she stacked on top of fallen stone bricks that made a rough attempt at a table.

The sun was setting.
It was time to go get Zeph.

She arrived, scratched and dirty outside Zeph's room and knocked seven times, really REALLY fast, such was her excitement.

OOC STUFF:
We got three areas, interior, exterior and graveyard.
I'm sorry if I did not get your character a personalised invite.
There were a lot to write and I am trying to keep it to only those who have had some interactions with Thraah. Still, if I missed you I am sorry.
Any Dreadkid may attend.
Urahils are not welcome. They did not get invites so they'll have to tag along but please remember,
It's only because Thraah hates Leander.
So yeah.
Arrivals after dark.
Enjoy.
I'm not tagging everyone.

Last edited:
The door open and there was Livia, dressed and ready as if she had spent all day on this look but she only put it together moments before. "Quit your knocking and get in here." She sighed.

Zephyrine was sat before a mirrored vanity, looking bored until her brown eyes caught sight of Thraah in the reflection. She threw her hands up, overly excited, which was unlike the Initiate.

Before Thraah could accuse anything, Livia handed Thraah a bottle of nice wine.
"Do not blame me. She was whining too much so I poured her a few drinks." With her hands now free, Liv turned back to the situation of Zephyrine's hair. Quinnick rarely saw the red head with her hair undone, and decided to keep it simple. She pinned a few strands here and there before stepping back and shrugging. "Could be worse." But in fact it was an improvement to what Zephyrine insisted on pre-drinks.

Livia turned now to Thraah and made no point in hiding her thoughts on her appearance.
"What have you been doing all this time you asked me to get her all dressed up?"

Having recieved an invitation after Thraah asked this favour of Livia, she still had no clue what this party was for. And why Thraah ever thought she had a line of suitors too...

"She forced me to wear this dress." Zephyrine turned in her seat and greeted her friend with a smile. "And she isn't wearing a dress." It felt odd to have such a garment on her. The red headed girl was used to her trousers and shirts, her Initiate uniform. Boots, not these fancy shoes Livia had insisted she wear.

Of course, even without wearing a dress, Zephyrine was not going to tell Liv she looked really nice.

"That is because what I am wearing costs more than the shoes I let you borrow." Quinnick quipped, a sweet smile on her face that did not convince Zeph.

"Then I am not going." Caddel groaned, starting to pull the pins from her hair, causing Livia to chastise her and talk about ungratefulness. "Ow! Stop pulling at my hair, Quinnick!" Zephyrine scowled.

Zeph looked stunning.
The dress, the shoes... she looked like an honest to goodness princess or something.
*BADUMP!*
"Wow, you look great, heh!"
Was she blushing? She hoped she just looked tired.
"Uh, ahem, yeah uh. I was..."
Too early, Zeph can't know yet.
Thraah tried to look honest and failed miserably.
"... gardening!"
Did burning thorn bushes count as gardening... kinda?
She was very aware of how worn and torn she looked. Seeing them both so done up made Thraah feel instantly filthy.
Wait, not going?
Thraah snapped back to reality and dashed over to Zeph, taking a knee next to her.
"Liv, just, stop with the hair okay. Zeph, you HAVE to go I..."
I worked really hard for this, for you.
I think I'll cry if you don't come.
I think you look too amazing to not go anywhere!

"I need you to go to this party, PLEASE!!"
Maybe it was the tired, maybe it was the fact that Zeph looked really good from this angle but Thraah's voice held a desperation she rarely employed. Her narrow eyes went wide as they could to portray as much heart weary sincerity as a days labour with no nights sleep could muster.

Livia Quinnick
Zephyrine

Hey Snubs.
DON'T FUCKING GHOST ON HER!

Kor stood at the window of his room, looking out into what he could not see. The crumpled invitation sat on his bedside table with Repent perched atop it, staring down at the words. Kor read it over several times through his Raven's eyes, a feat in and of itself that it hadn't ended up in the garbage like most of his mail. Thraah had tried to include him once before, too. Part of some 'group' she was putting together, if he remembered correctly.

He'd rejected that outright; Kor had no desire to befriend his peers, or to be part of some exclusive 'club' of social rejects. The only person that he needed was himself. To rely on another would be a weakness he could not afford to even consider.

The irony of those thoughts... Kor summoned Repent back to his shoulder as he bit down gently on his tongue. Though he hated the thought, the Initiate knew he'd somewhat changed his viewpoint since then. Only some months after Thraah's invitation, he'd formed a small cabal of his own in Zephyrine and Larkin. The Boundless, they called themselves. He'd gone from spending his time outside of class in solitude to spending it with two others, and while Kor wasn't sure you could consider what they shared a 'friendship'...

Zephyrine had given him something that he'd been missing. For that, he did owe her somewhat of a debt.

Kor was familiar with the chapel that Thraah had mentioned; At one time, he'd used it as a place to get away himself, before he'd grown used to life in a dormitory setting. Knowing that Thraah had found it, it seemed that he would have needed to leave sooner or later anyway. Still, he'd no trouble finding the spot, and he stood outside of it now with Repent at his side.

He'd not even entered and he now remembered why he avoided parties. He'd come for Zephyrine, but who knew how many others would be here? People he didn't know, people he certainly didn't like. So much noise and activity... even with his bird to help him, such gatherings became overwhelming to the blind Initiate. Reaching to his shoulder, he eased his worries by stroking Repent with two fingers down his feathered neck.

It helped, but only a little. Pulling his hood down, Kor stepped closer to the Chapel, gritting his teeth in preparation for whatever waited for him within.

He'd been late to the gala only due to his injuries. It was not in his nature to be late to anything, but at least 20 minutes early. You're on time if you're early, you're late if you're on time. A mantra given to him by ... he couldn't rightly remember at this point given the amount of blows to the head he'd taken over the years, but it stuck whatever the case.

Maseno had not much in the way of wardrobe that fell between training and ceremony, so he'd opted to dress more plainly in the fashion of business-casual as one of the Proctor's had once put it. A clean, black dress shirt paired with pressed slacks and shined shoes. It was more than what many of the Initiates could claim to have in their assortment of choices, but he'd been afforded certain luxuries others had not.

Sitting within the church ruin in the silence of the empty space, he realized immediately his folly in his early arrival. Though the location held a certain sense of expectation about it, so Maz understood he was merely ahead of things and opted to wait in the silence until movement and a shadow at the entryway stole his attention.

Maz righted himself from a casual lean upon his knees where he sat to look, brows lofting, "Kor," he greeted the other with some relief, "glad to see I am not the only early arrival."

They did not know each other well beyond their shared classes and a few historical assignments or missions. Kor was a quiet type, but that would not stop him from offering a branch of cordiality.

Livia ceased her efforts to fix Zephyrine's hair, her mouth scrunching into an annoyed pout.

"Remember, Caddel. You said to me you promised Thraah you would go, and broken promises ruin a team." They were words she imparted on the younger Initiate, that she needed to accept the help of others in order to be a Dreadlord.

"If you do not go," Livia began to make an exit, grabbing her jacket to slide over her elegant attire. It gave the illusions of a dress, but Liv did not think her finest dresses or skirts was warranted for a simple party. "Then you will have failed yourself in getting to know the other Initiates you will one day graduate beside." Livia smiled, as if she had been talking about pretty dresses. "Well, I best get to it. Thraah? Do not take too long. I hung up your dress for you." Quinnick nodded to the gown hanging by the door to keep it from getting creased.

Her arrival to the destination was met with a frown. Silas was not at the Academy, away on a mission that should have seen him back by now, but she was sure there was a delay he could not control. Her invitation said she was free to bring a guest --- a suitor --- but Livia was not the type to coordinate a date to something like this. She did not have a date to the last Dance the Proctors put on, instead commandeering the arms of Leander and Rowley to enter the dance hall.

"Luana." She quirked a brow, small smile by way of greeting before turning to see Kor.

To him, she schooled her expression. Ahh... he was a friend of Zephyrine's... but why was he attending a party?

Livia did not wait for an explanation, going inside to see if anyone else had ventured into the warmth of the church ruins. Her fingers ran through her loose hair. She was not ready to put her silver hair on display, especially at a party. It warranted unwanted attention, but now it could not be helped as she now attended a party most of her classmates seemed to be invited to.

Last edited:
Houri had only got as far as the words 'chocolate' and 'cake' before she was hurriedly tugging on the first thing she could find in her closet. She had to fish the crumpled bit of paper back out of the bin where she had crumpled and thrown it to check where the cake was actually located. It was only then that she realised it was a party she was being invited to and so she begrudgingly went back to the closet.

Despite her delays it appeared as though she was among the first to arrive which meant first dibs on the cake. She'd made a half hearted attempt at sweeping her braids back off her face to make it look styled, and had even remembered to apply kohl to her eyes. The outfit she'd settled on were a pair of patterned purple silk harem trousers paired with a closely fitting matching blouse in the classic style of the Western territories from which her family hailed.

She'd already slipped into the room and helped herself to a slice of cake when the others began to file into the room. Houri raised her fork in greeting before returning to her reverent worship of the chocolate cake.

Thraah had finally had an excuse to wear it.
The dress made by Zeph.
"It's so fucking cool Zeph."
She still could scarce believe her luck. The whole thing was a masterpiece of cloth, decorated with ornate flower and ribbon.
Thraah looked and felt quite unlike herself, she had tied her brown locks in a high tail with a bow and managed a good cleanup.
She did a spin and hurried laughing to Zeph, grabbed her hand and all but dragged her out the door.
"It's amazing, you're gonna love it. I promise."
They travelled across the grounds and up the hill into the old cathedral.
It was clean as could be and so far only Snubbs, Stormy, Liv and Maz had shown up.
But that was fine.
It was enough.
"HEY GUYS!"
She declared upon entering.
"Give it up for Zeph. It's her party okay!"
She indicated Zeph beside her who for some reason looked like she was trying to become part of the stone wall.
"Go have fun, Bird boy is over there."
She wanted all eyes on Zeph and to offer her all credit. Birthday parties should be about the person if Zeph was having fun she couldn't give a fig about...
"STORMY, SHARE...rude."
She chided Stormy from across the room as the tall and powerful girl cut yet more cake but her gaze lingered on Maz.
After the mission to find the rogue they had not had a chance to speak. In the briefing she was too raw and he had given her space.
But she wanted to talk to him, now so she walked towards him pulling a stray hair from her forehead that refused to be told what to do.
"Hi Maz."

Zephyrine
Maseno Luana
Houri
Livia Quinnick
Kor

Last edited:
Larkin had received the invitation, he had read it several times at this point. Each time a chuckle surfaced, though it had a slightly bitter aftertaste. He stroked the etched scars on his face as he contemplated his attendance. The care he had garnered for Zephyrine outweighing his desire to continue being a hermit. With a heavy sigh, he pulled out a sleek satin black robe, admiring the rich color and the softness of the fabric. It was fitting, considering where this party was.

It seemed he was one of the last to arrive, his hesitation preventing him from a timely appearance. He slid into the chapel as quietly as he could, not wanting to disturb anyone else. His eyes fell upon several familiar faces, lingering the longest upon Livia. Instead of approaching her, however, he moved to stand beside Kor. Another new ally brought forth from Zephyrine. For someone that had only allowed herself to be alone for the longest time, she had amassed quite the friend circle. He looked to Repent, nodding as he stood beside the other brooding boy. "They got you to come even. I'm surprised."

Kor

Livia Quinnick

To be regarded first by Maseno was a mild surprise to Kor; It was true that he and the Luana siblings were the earliest arrivals, but he'd had no previous interactions with either of them. The bird perched on his shoulder tilted its small head as if to illustrate the confusion its master felt, but Kor eventually reciprocated with a small nod in the other boy's direction.

"Maseno and Houri Luana. I didn't know you were friends of Zephyrine." Kor almost seemed impressed as he crossed his arms and looked over at Maseno's sister, already liberating some of the sweets for herself, it seemed. "Then again... I suppose it doesn't matter." The blind Initiate recognized that he was perhaps a bit too wary for his own good; It wouldn't serve Zephyrine well for him to make a scene over people he wasn't familiar with.

Behind him, Livia Quinnick had entered. Kor did not see her eyes lingering hesitantly on him, but he could feel that unsure gaze just as well as any. He had no interest in the Quinnick girl, not when she drew the eyes of so many others wherever she went. It wasn't indicative of her character, he supposed, but she was a magnet for unwanted attention.

Not long after her, he felt the familiar presence of his brother in The Boundless. Larkin had made it after all. Kor wasn't sure whether he would actually show, his mental scars were still far more crippling than his physical ones, and it was an ordeal getting him to go within eyesight of anybody at all, sometimes. The bird serving as Kor's eyes followed Larkin as he approached, and Kor greeted him with a smirk. "I could say the same of you. It seems we underestimated one another."

Kor and Larkin's relationship was still one of little faith. They were allied, but the trust that such an alliance relied on hadn't yet been wholly constructed. Zephyrine liked to say it was a 'work in progress' between them. If anything, it resulted in some light teasing back and forth.

The unmistakable clatter of Thraah finally arrived to end their wait, and Kor turned his body towards the door, uncrossing his arms to greet his friend. When she stopped doing an impression of he and Larkin and actually came out, that is.

Zephyrine scowled at the celebratory greeting Thraah gave on her part. Her party? Whatever for?

With her confused face still gong strong, she wandered over to Kor, Larking, and the Luana boy. He was a friend of Thraah's, someone she had mentioned quite a lot. To him, she smiled politely before leaning against Larkin and whispering.

"
Look at this hideous dress Quinnick stuck me in. It feels too... loose." It was the only word she could think of, with it held an elegant silhouette that was well suited for a party of this caliber. She was used to standard uniform, to her created armour. Never had she worn a dress. "Does it look awful? Should I go find a coat?" A coat would make her feel somewhat normal.

Arriving to the party was sobering itself, and she was glad for it. Smiling, Zephyrine looked to Larkin, Kor, and Maseno.
"As soon as a Proctor catches on to this, we are bolting back to the dorms, agreed?" Appreciative of Thraah to throw her a party... to meet new friends? It was still unlike Caddel to go out of her way to meet new people, to get to know the class she had hid from for so long.

Kor Larkin Maseno Luana

• Cthuloo
  • Yay
Reactions: Houri and Thraah
Livia frowned when Larkin had seen her but turned to talk to his friends instead of greeting her with any sign of acknowledgement. Friends that apparently included Kor, Zephyrine, and Maseno. She rolled her olivine eyes and found Houri already helping herself to the cake. Rising to her feet, she made her way over to her cake obsessed friend.

"I do not know whether I should be offended that Thraah made a cake without us, or the fact she failed to mention this party in honour of Caddel is in fact a birthday party." Because there on the cake, the indication of what this get together was about was written in chocolate.... on chocolate. Livia pursed her lips. "Clearly, she used too much butter."

Livia smiled at Houri, "And hello to you. Well? Did Thraah learn a thing or two from our weekly meetings?" She asked of the cake.

Houri

• Smug
  • Stressed
Reactions: Larkin and Houri
...Who was Zephyrine? That was the question that pervaded Zinnia's brain as she stared at the invitation that had been slipped under her dorm room door. It had been addressed from Thraah, whom Zinnia also barely knew, and to a..."Zinniffer." Gods, Thraah didn't know Zinnia either.

Even still, and despite the anxiety that came with the idea of attending another social gathering within the Academy, Zinnia decided that she needed to make herself seen. That was what Proctor Salak had intended for her after all, right? To be some sort of public example?

Now there was just the matter of picking out a gift for someone she didn't know...Oh, Kress.

Zinnia dressed warm for the event, knowing the night was usually not friendly to her.
"Hey everyone! S-sorry I'm late! I think? The inv-vite I got wasn't...super clear..."

She made her entrance known to no one in particular, looking around to take in the faces that she recognized. It just so happened to be...most of them, actually. Thraah, Livia, Maseno, Houri, Kor...Larkin? (She hadn't seen him in months!) And a redheaded girl that she didn't recognize. That must've been the illustrious Zephyrine.

After the initial greeting, Zinnia couldn't help but wither. This was fewer people than even Lumen's Friendsgiving, but it was mostly people that Zinnia didn't usually interact with (and in some cases avoided). It had been a while since she'd felt her anxiety peak this high, so she decided to make herself scarce, ducking over by the table where Houri was currently gorging herself on cake and setting a little, wrapped box down on top of said table.

Ah, there was Livia, Maseno thought to himself, expression lightening as he prepared to greet her, ask her how things were going since their last session.

He blinked, feeling rather rawly stung by that greeting. Luana was what the Proctors called him. Had he... done something to upset her? His gaze followed the girl as she disappeared toward the back where, apparently, his sister had snuck in early and gotten into the cake.

"Maseno and Houri Luana. I didn't know you were friends of Zephyrine." Kor almost seemed impressed as he crossed his arms and looked over at Maseno's sister, already liberating some of the sweets for herself, it seemed. "Then again... I suppose it doesn't matter."

"Ah," Maz lifted his hands into an uncertain shrug, "I was invited by Thraah. Seemed impolite to decline." It was true he was not personally familiar with Zephyrine, but he couldn't see any reason not to come. Speaking of Thraah...

"HEY GUYS!"
She declared upon entering.
"Give it up for Zeph. It's her party okay!"
She indicated Zeph beside her who for some reason looked like she was trying to become part of the stone wall.
"Go have fun, Bird boy is over there."
She wanted all eyes on Zeph and to offer her all credit. Birthday parties should be about the person if Zeph was having fun she couldn't give a fig about...
"STORMY, SHARE...rude."

A smile pulled at his lips as he looked from Thraah to the girl of the hour and nodded back to her but opted not to press into any conversation. Zeph looked to be quite cozy with Larkin.

"Hi Maz."

His gaze shifted back to Thraah and her outfit, smile widening at the sight, "Hello Thraah."

"Hey everyone! S-sorry I'm late! I think? The inv-vite I got wasn't...super clear..."

A blink as yet another arrival showed. But wasn't this just the social event of the year! Lucky Zephyrine. "Hello Zinnia," Maz offered to her before she skittered off. He sighed and turned his attention back to the party hostess, "You put this all together for Zephyrine?" Maz looked around the place and nodded, "What a lucky girl to have such a good friend. And you look lovely, by the way."

Houri scowled in Thraah's direction when she was reprimanded but settled back into her chair with her second slice of cake. Albeit, a smaller slice than she had intended on taking. Let it not be said that Houri Luana didn't listen to her friends wishes. Still, her eyes kept sliding back to the rest of the cake as though to assure herself that she could have more and it hadn't all vanished yet. She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she barely registered Livia walking over until the silver haired initiate was stood in front of her. Houri looked up with the fork still in her mouth, quietly listening to every word the other girl said as her eyes traced her form and lingered on that silver hair.

"There's no egg shells in this one," with a nod towards her she then followed it up with a question of her own. "The thought of final year stressing you out that much?"

She snorted, rolling her eyes.

Trust Houri to be the one to point it out first. Was everyone just being polite?

"I... It was bound to happen..." Livia winced. How to explain a Dreadlord she met in the Taskforce they were attached to had helped her reach into the cavernous pits of her magic and found true power? That in doing so, her hair turned silver? "It is the corruption magic. I got burned out from it on my last mission." She lied effortlessly.

She cut herself a slice of cake, using a finger to dip it into the chocolate glazing.
"I tried to dye it all, but it looked gods awful."

Liv looked up, noticing that someone had fluttered closer to them.

"St. Kolbe?" Kress, did Zephyrine know everyone? She had only met the recluse probably six months ago! "Want a slice of cake?"

Houri Zinnia

He was late - as was his way - though he was unsure as to what exactly he was late for. The note he'd received had been unusual, not because of its contents - only Kress knew how many underground parties he'd been invited to - nor because of the missive explicitly directing him against inviting any Urahils for the celebration - again, only Kress knew how many of those he'd gotten so far - but rather for the fact that it didn't tell him what kind of party this was. Something which was further compounded by the lack of a signature on the paper.

Even so he had decided to head out; even without fully knowing what he was walking into. His attire reflected this somewhat, the outfit stuck somewhere in-between something fitting for a small, casual gathering, and something for a wild mess out in the wilds. He sported a worn-out black leather jacket, over a grey silk shirt - itself a recent acquisition during his trip to the Empire with Livia Quinnick - and some fitted, dark riding pants as well as low boots. Overall though, his outfit had been handpicked to bring out his muscled physique, much more so than to fit in with whatever other guests would bring to this party.

Scooping up the bottle of Falwood moonshine he still had hidden under his bed, Ivan walked out of his room. He would arrive at the church some time after everyone else had, missing Thraah’s short speech by quite a margin.

As he walked in though, a silent look of dissimulated confusion was his first reaction to what he saw.

Who the fuck were these people?

As his first glance landed on some weird guy with a crow, and his scarred companion, Ivan really was left guessing as to who on Arethil they were. Were they, like, initiates at the Academy? How come he’d never seen them before? And who was the chick with the red hair? And the one with the golden eyes?

His confusion soon subsided though as he saw the two Luanas, as well as Thraah standing next to Maseno. Finally some familiar faces. He was pondering who to approach first until he saw the form of Livia Quinnick by the chocolate cake.

“Oh Kress, why is she blonde now?”

Moonshine in-tow, he made his way towards Quinnick with a burning desire to get something to drink, as well as some mild curiosity over whether Livia’s carpet still matched the drapes.

- “Is this your party Quinnick?” - He asked her slyly, oblivious as to whom Livia had just been talking and offering cake to. - “A church doesn’t really look like your style.” -

Zephyrine arrived in due enough time, and once she had it seemed as though the floodgates opened. Kor found himself wishing that he'd tried to figure out exactly how many people had been invited to this party, as even listening to the footfalls and voices around him didn't offer him enough clue as to who was here. Indeed, the bird on his shoulder was doing its very best to dart its head this way and that to try and follow the growing crowd, but such rapid movements didn't translate as well through Kor's magical connection. The resulting image was blurry and unfocused.

Kor brought a hand to his temple, wincing at the growing ache in his forehead. Quickly, he ceased the connection, plunging himself back into the darkness of his blind eyes. Gah... he felt like a sitting duck, with no idea of his surroundings or the people near him. It was enough to make him yearn for the safety of his dorm room, an escape from the sounds and smells around him, even the changes in temperature as people walked past him were overwhelming.

Thankfully, he'd been around Larkin and Zephyrine long enough to know their presence, and he shirked closer to the two of them, angling his head down towards the floor and swallowing his anxiety. Suddenly he found himself thankful they were here, his only source of familiarity in the pitch-black. "You look fine, Zephyrine." He had caught a glimpse of her before disconnecting. "Surprisingly, Quinnick's sense of fashion isn't terrible. Not that I'm one to judge."

Zephyrine seemed just as uneasy about being here as Kor did, which was somewhat surprising. Kor had figured that Thraah must have consulted her about all of this. It seemed rather extravagant for a last-minute arrangement, didn't it? Then again... Kor looked to where he vaguely remembered Maseno Luana to be. "You know Thraah better than I. What are the odds this was an impromptu affair?"

*BADUMPUMP*
Thraah blushed like a plum and smiled so wide and genuinely she looked as though she might cry but mostly it was relief and fatigue.
"Cheah, thanks!"
Again she tucked her hair behind her ear and kinda patted her dress.
*Compliments, heh, classic Maz*
"Zeph made it for me. So this whole thing is kind off a thank you I guess. Plus she told me she's never had a party, can you believe that?"
It wasn't a real question.
"She made a window in my room too. It's really beautiful, you should see it."
*...*
It took Thraah exactly two seconds to realise that she had invited Maz back to her room.
"Eh, like, only if you wanna. Yaknow. Heh, no pressure. It's just a window."
*Quick, change the topic!*
"Hey Stormy looks healthy. That's cool. Man, she loves cake! Oh hey, Ivan is here and he didn't bring Leander, that's good."
The stress that instantly ebbed from her shoulders told her she was way more worried about Leander showing up than she thought. A fresh wave of exhaustion came over her and it showed in her posture, which became terrible.
*Uhhh maybe I should go lay down in the graveyard!*

Last edited:
Guardsman did not patrol the grounds alone. At least, protocol said they should not.

Fain did anyway.

Clad in the usual armor of an Anirian Guardsman from the Eastern Army. Referred to by others affectionately, or with derision by Northern veterans, as the Homeguard. Mind apparently lost in thought as he strode, the smooth-faced man held his helmet under one arm - it grew too hot beneath it to wear for extended jaunts - while his other hand rested at his side.

His booted footfalls were not soft and the rustle and clink of chain against plate announced his presence before he rounded a corner and heard the noise coming from the ruined chapel. Interest piqued, he walked toward it. His eyes narrowed as he spotted the shapes of those within and heard some somewhat familiar voices.

Initiates.

His lips pursed and he strode forward to investigate.

“Hullo?”

Zephyrine | Thraah | Kor et al

Thraah was too tired and frustrated to do anything but panic so completely she did the only thing available to her sleep deprived mind that was not murder when she saw this random Guardsman stumble into the Old Cathedral.
"WE'VE BEEN RUMBLED, BAIL!"
Her voice rang out over the others and with a few quick hand gestures she snuffed out all the candles in the Cathedral plunging everyone into total darkness that their identities and escape routes may be hidden.

"We gotta go!"
She took Maseno by the hand and led him, feeling her way along the cold stone wall, to the exit leading to the woods. There the night lighter lanterns gave some illumination.
Her heart was going a mile a minute. The night was ruined but getting Maseno out, away where he couldn't be caught...
She had no time to go back for Zephyrine or Stormy or Liv or anyone. They were all nearest the exit to the Graveyard. They were smart, they could loop around and dodge the Booter that way.
A resentment grew in her for the Booter as she passed the night lighters hanging in coloured jars as they were suspended from trees.
It wasn't fair, she worked so hard!
Zephyrine did not even get cake!

• Sip
Reactions: Zinnia
Larkin tilted his head towards Kor as he responded, their tones woefully similar. Poor Zephyrine, to have friends like these two. He smiled slightly as Kor's response, shaking his head. "It seems to be a common theme between us, does it not?"

Soon enough, Zephyrine interrupted them and he gratefully accepted her company. She was complaining about the attire Livia had seemingly forced upon her. He placed his hand on the top of her head affectionately as he looked down at her. "It may not be comfortable right now, but you look very pretty Zephyrine. It's only for a little while, then you can get rid of it."

Larkin could feel unease radiating off of Kor and he turned to the somber bird boy. Despite their lack of complete trust and friendliness, he could tell the other boy was struggling. "We may have to make a run for it, sooner rather than later." He grinned lightly at Zeph but nudged her attention to Kor with worry lines across his forehead.

Zephyrine Kor

With a low exhale, she looked down at her attire, a dress assembly Livia had to teach her how to dress. With the way she left things with Quinnick the last time they crossed paths, she was surprised the noble girl helped her out. Just as she was surprised that Thraah was friends with such a snobby girl. Zephyrine opened her mouth to speak, but her tawny eyes drifted to the newcomer, face instantly skewing to something of confusion when she saw they wore a Guard uniform.

And then Thraah legged it, pulling Maseno along with her. Everyone else remained where they were, exchanging glances.

She took in Livia, standing near Houri and Zinnia moving towards them. Then a tall blond male, dressed nicely, came to stand beside Livia. Zeph's lungs stopped working.

"How does Thraah know Ivan Skender?" She stepped before Kor and Larkin and rounded on them. "Kress. This is... this is overwhelming." She fretted, cheeks going pink for some odd reason. Zeph thought she had been sobering up, but it seems like that wine Livia and herself shared still lingered.

Seeing Larkin's face after regarding Kor made the red haired Initiate look to the sightless boy, and her fussing ceased. With no avian eyes to see through, she could see her friend tensing.
"Hey..." She said in a low voice. "You're right. It's just Larkin and I here with you now. If you wanna move around, I can help you. Larkin can give you unreliable intel on what people are wearing too." Zeph grinned at the other Initiate.

Kor Larkin

A sudden commotion came from within the old chapel, followed by the stomp of running feet.

Fain’s brows rose and he walked inside the chapel to see a gaggle of what appeared to be initiates, with some of them sprinting off away from him.

The guard grimaced and rubbed the back of his head.

“Apologies,” he said to the gaggle, “I did not mean to intrude…” his eyes watched the retreating forms disappear, then flicked over to the redheaded girl who appeared to have some aura of command. Or at least attention.